PB2

Options
I've seen many folks here raving about PB2. They almost all mention that they had to order it online. Well, for those of you near a military base who have access, I just found it today at my local AF base commissary (Patrick AFB, FL). I wasn't looking for it, and was surprised to see it there, so I snatched up a jar for $3.29. I don't know if other bases also stock it, but it's worth a look. Perhaps if you ask the commissary manager, he/she can order it for you. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Replies

• Donnarama
    Options
    I am sort of new here. What is PB2?
  • lilmom1
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/
    This has info on PB2 thanks for the heads up mil spouse here in Guam and will ask if they can carry it thanks for looking out!!:smile:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sorry! It's actually powdered peanut butter. It's just peanuts, sugar and salt. You just mix it with water. Supposedly, it has a lot fewer calories and fat than regular PB, and everybody here raves about it. I haven't tried it yet, but I figured it would be a handy thing to have in the pantry.

Good luck Guam spouse!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    PB2 is yummy, even tho it sounds disgusting. I use it in protein shakes. Their business model is a bit odd though, having to buy in quantity. But hey, you can order a whole entire pallet and have it drop shipped to you! LMAO!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    Their business model is a bit odd though, having to buy in quantity. But hey, you can order a whole entire pallet and have it drop shipped to you! LMAO!

After you try it, you're going to want to buy a pallet worth! :) I love the stuff -- I could have peanut butter for every meal without "paying" the nutrient cost of regular PB. It's very versitile.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ya, its kinda weird how yummy it is. i wish everything could come in a powdered diet version that tasted equally as yummo. the chocolate pb2 is good too :)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Where in the commissary miller? Was it by the regular peanut butter? I am going to my commissary, tomorrow! And if I can find it there, that would be awesome. I already have some of both flavors, that I ordered online, but if I can get it, at my base, that would be great.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Can it be sent/brought in the UK?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm jealous of what you paid! I paid $6.49 here in Toronto (more specifically Markham for others who are locals) and its fun to try but considering regular PB is $2.99 on sale and my body is already deprived of essential fats I wont be buying it again.

The once recipie I tried on their site is add a tbsp to vanilla yogurt for an apple dip. So its sweet and nutty flavour and soooooo much dip compared to just 1tbsp for regular PB which is never enough for an apple.

Here's where I bought - they sell online too but ewww shipping costs!

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1977
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I found some recently in a grocery store in New York City, but was less excited when I realized they were selling it for $10 a jar! I've heard that Trader Joe's has a cheaper version, so I'll probably opt for that...