I think I can I think I can oh darn... I thought I could

Options
Hello,
thought I could do this with my old friends but realized all my old friends are food. So looking for new friends to help me find the smaller me. Is it you? I try hard but am not perfect. Need friends that will help push me pass the needing a soda phase. Give me advise and not be disappointed in me if I fail in the beginning. I am a really good listener. Any one up for the challenge? I hope so. I'm afraid I will fail without help. I need to lose 40 pounds and want to look better by summer time. Please some one help me find the real me. This is my first day on the program.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Who could resist an appeal from The Little Engine That Could? Not me.
  • wendyc2015
    Options
    Sending you a friends request. None of us are perfect. I know all about the soda thing. I now drink water however do still have a small 7oz can if soda in the evening.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

I am on the very slow and steady pace for losing 40 pounds. I'm half way there and have done it in a way that is sticking even when I don't log my food for a few months at a time.

I'm happy to have mutually supportive people to cheer each other on!

I feel you on the "my friends are food" comment. I am becoming more and more aware of how much I eat my feelings. Not so helpful for either my emotional or my physical health.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi CountryPlacer, Welcome! You're funny and I can relate to "I thought I could". Not on target lately myself. But I know you can kick the soda habit. I had a huge diet soda habit but now I am drinking several liters of water daily. Sometimes I add stevia as a sweetener without calories, and a lemon squeeze is also a treat with it. Sending friend invitation.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm always super-proud for anyone who just shows up. Being present is the first step and is at least better than burying your head in the sand. FR sent :)