you need to loose weight VS you need to eat more

Options
andyb000
andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
I started my journey in jan 2012 and reached goal weight 9-10 months later...and now have been maintaining for a year with a new set of goals. I have heard it all. In the beginning was you should lose some weight to now you need to eat more LOL the old me would have really took that to heart,, and some days i did, but as i went through my journey i learned and remembered why i began in the first place....it was for me , it was for my family..nobody else.
Its sad to say, that i have had to remove people from my life, it could of been just jealousy, little comments that did nothing but bring me down, continuous jokes about my lifestyle...whatever it was, it was negative, with no support at all, these people brought negativity with them and as much as i dealt with it or tried to ignore it, it brought nothing but bring me down, and really that negativity can pass on to you if you let it
It had gotten to the point where i just didn't pay attention to them anymore, they were not friends that i thought they were. If you want success, even in life in general… then surround yourself with motivated uplifting people. You can control who you associate with. . Hang out with energetic, motivated, & ambitious people and you will naturally push each other to the top. It took me some time to realize who my true friends are, who loves me for who I am no matter what! a friend to me is someone who will support you in your down times, and someone who will be sincerely happy for you when excel at whatever you do. You need to believe in and be true to yourself and cut out the negativity around you:) just my thoughts:)a negative comment, a roll of a eye, a smile, support or no support. I still made it. i still did this not for them, but for me, and today each person whether they were there for me or not. i will still say thank you. remember your whys guys!! i promise you, if you remember the reason why you began this journey you will continue on this journey, despite what anybody says or thinks of you....in reality its what you think and how you feel about yourself.

"let go of those that bring you down and surround yourself with the people that will bring out the best in you"

[

29947503_5234.jpg

Replies

• Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Truth. Though it is your responsibility to do well on your diet, you don't have to make it harder on yourself by having unnecessary negativity around you. I had to cut a few people in my life and within a week I was doing much better!

"You deserve more than what you settle for. I honestly believe that." -Kevin Doyle (27 Dresses)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! You look great!
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look FAB!!!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!! Do you mind sharing, how did you do it?. What diets did you start with, as well as workouts?
  • craft4fun
    craft4fun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!