Is my calorie intake set too high?

Options
Hi all,

I'm hoping for some help on this.

I have been on MFP for a year but am only now starting to use it seriously after so many time of giving up, I want to do this!

I just want to do it right!

I have a limit of 1829Kcal
Carbs 40%
Protein 30%
Fat 30%

I'm worried that this may be too high for me? my stats are:

Male
Height: 5ft 9ins (175cm)
Current Weight: 72kg (156lbs)
Goal Weight: 65kg (143lbs)

I work a desk job so the only exercise I get is walking to and from work and on lunch breaks (weather permitting)

am I ok with the settings I have or do they need adjusting? I can't remember how I got this total before as it was so long ago, but I am trying to shift this weight and body fat once and for all. I started again on Monday 27th Jan and really want to make sure i've got everything set out right because I am determined this time.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee.

Replies

• norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We have a very similar build and I also have a desk job. I aim for 1680 calories a day to lose 1 lb per week. I also exercise every day so that nets me 200-300 extra calories. I've been at it for 12 weeks and i've lost about 12 lbs so that's pretty accurate. Try it out.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

regarding you have a desk job, and not having a regular exercise routine choose 'sedentary' and add your workouts/calories burnt daily.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's the right # of calories for you. I checked your #s on http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is 1735 and sedentary TDEE would be 1.2x that = 2082. Take a daily calorie deficit of 250 from that and you get 1832.

The only thing I'd add is that depending on how long and intense these walks are, you may want to add them as exercise or bump your activity level up to lightly active.
  • IamLee1987
    IamLee1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the info.

I will start logging my walks and see how that goes.

Thanks again.