Question about eggs!

Options
13»

Replies

• serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not to beat a dead horse here, but eggs are WONDERFUL! The old adage about cholesterol is outdated research, and not backed with most recent studies. See another article here, just to reiterate the point haha: http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html

I eat 2 eggs every morning, have been since 2010. I've also lost about 25 pounds since then too, and eggs certainly keep me full and not hungry come lunchtime. Whenever I have anything else for breakfast, I'm starving and ready to pig out!

Eat more eggs! :D
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Most of the calories come from the yolk, but I see no reason not to eat whole eggs. As others said, if it fits in your calories, go for it. I have them every day.

The only reason I do it is when I want to up my protein without costing too many calories/fat. Egg whites are great for this.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the responses. I'm relieved to know that my belief about the high cholesterol content is misinformation - but I guess it was powerful misinformation, because a lot of people that I know STILL believe it! That must have been one hell of a report.

I don't tend to eat egg yolks because I don't like the taste of them, not because of the nutritional content. I'll maybe give it another go, though. I do love deviled eggs, but then you're adding bad things like mayonnaise, heh. :tongue: But I'll pretty much eat them any old way. I just had a huge egg white omelette with what had to be a whole pound of mushrooms (which is my other vice - I LOVE mushrooms!!!!). If I were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would probably be an egg white omelette with mushrooms.

Thanks! I feel much relieved. I'll have to go steam up some hard boiled eggs for next week!