Super Bowl Party Strategies

Options
I just got invited to a Super Bowl party where there will be lots of snacks. I'm going to a special brunch with friends earlier that day, so I have to be particularly careful not to go too crazy. My first strategy is to snack on something healthy right before the party (the brunch is early and the party is right around dinner time). My second strategy is to bring something healthy as my snack contribution so I know there will be at least one good choice to munch on. That should help me minimize any calorie overage. I know it's just one day anyway, so I'll enjoy it and return right back to my plan on Monday.

Good luck and have a great time to everyone else who'll be partying this weekend!

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to fight it. I've been restricted all week, I'll get in a great work out that morning, and I'll enjoy the game and food.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to host so I can log everything. I plan to have a light breakfast and run. Then for the game I will have chili, some ribs and three lite beers, alternated with lime fizzy:drinker: that's the plan...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a great plan to have healthy alternatives, be prepared to indulge somewhat, and be ready to hop back on the horse Monday.

Great job!
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Ah, yes, that was my other strategy. It's very easy to get lazy after a big brunch, but that plus party = incentive for a good workout in between.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to make sure I have enough chips for my seven layer dip.

Rigger
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amen Rigger! I plan to enjoy myself but eat everything in moderation. I recently started maintenance and never eat up to my calorie goal so I will have some extra room there.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Amen Rigger! I plan to enjoy myself but eat everything in moderation. I recently started maintenance and never eat up to my calorie goal so I will have some extra room there.

That's the way to do it, I don't have a dog in this fight being a Packers fan and all. I'll just enjoy my day, sample all the goodies and not overstuff myself.

Rigger
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe for NYE, and it was AWESOME!

I used bleu cheese, instead of feta and added some celery stalks on the side.

http://iowagirleats.com/2013/01/24/feta-stuffed-buffalo-chicken-meatballs-2/

Also, I had a thinly sliced cucumber, baby carrots, bell pepper, and celery tray with Greek yogurt ranch dip. You can get your fill on those two, imo. So good!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's going to be a big old cheat day for me. Working out extra this week and trying to come in well under my daily calorie goal all week so I don't feel bad about it. Got to have a cheat day from time to time. And I've read that a cheat day can actually help you lose weight by keeping that metabolism fired up and keeping you out of the "starvation zone".
  • clickchick18
    clickchick18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This weekend is going to be crazy for me. I'll be going to a bar on Friday with members of my dad's band to watch 3 members from his band play (they have a separate smaller band on the side). So I plan on doing zumba that day. Then on Saturday we will be celebrating my brothers birthday. We will have my aunt and uncle and another uncle and a family friend in town and we will be going to a brazilian steak house!! *For those who have never been to one, waiters walk around with big slabs of different kinds of meat on a big skewer and they cut of the ones you want directly on your plate- all you can eat-I'm drooling just thinking about it. I plan on doing elliptical that day. Then on Sunday we are having a big band practice/superbowl party with SO MUCH FOOD! I plan on running that day- a lot.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Be the crazy guy who jumps up and down while yelling and gesticulating wildly. The entire game. Get into the commercials too. You'll drop food and spill drinks, reducing intake, and burn calories.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My advice is to drink heavily.....thats what I am going to do.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Yeah, but work on Monday is such hell when you do that. :sick:
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

This. LOL! I kid, I kid.

It's also Sunday Fun Day for me, so I'm just going to enjoy the game and most importantly enjoy my company.

I dont deprive myself any other time of the week so Super Bowl Sunday won't be any different.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options

drink so much that you can't even figure out how to chew anymore, you got nothing to worry about after that.
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Normally I'm the designated driver while my wine loving hubby drinks when we're out, but this party is just around the block. I may have to use that "drink until you can't even chew anymore" strategy.