Want a healthy (healthier) chocolate snack?

Options
I know I'm posting like a crazy person tonight, but I just have stuff to say! Anyway, I found a new snack today I thought I'd share with you all.

We all know how those chocolate cravings can be....grrrr. Today in the grocery store I found an interesting snack: Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds. They're basically almonds coated with cocoa powder. Yeah, there's some added sugar and salt there, but they're pretty good and taste chocolatey to help satisfy that jones. At least they're almonds so you're getting more nutrition than just eating a Hershey's bar! Here's how the stats break down for 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup):

Cals/Fat/Sodium/Carbs/Sugar/Protein: 150/13/25/6/1/6

A quarter cup is a pretty decent handful. Enjoy!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I get those at Sam's Club in a huge container for only $10; much more cost effective than $6 for the smaller containers at the store. Great snack to have so I thought I'd share to save people money!
  • lilmom1
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Those are really good. I buy the 100 calorie pack ones.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Sounds good! I'll have to look for those.

Often when I'm craving chocolate, I go for those Jello 60-calorie pudding snacks. Sometimes I mix it with a few tablespoons of Cool Whip Lite, and it tastes a lot like a Wendy's Frostie (without the "frost," of course.) Very satisfying also.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Good tips everybody! Thanks - and keep 'em coming! :drinker:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Those almonds are great! My 7 year old loves them too!
  • Rivalee
    Options
    I'm on the chocolate jello pudding snack kick myself, but almonds in general play a big role in helping me lost weight - they are so satisfying! I get the big bag of raw unsalted ones at Costco.