Waaaay over protein

Options
I seem to be eating double the amount of protein MFP recommends. I already tweaked it... to allow for less carbs and more protein.. but with the amount of chicken that I want to eat tonight it pulls me over by around 60-70.

Last night I set up my food scale so my meat intake will not be guessed anymore. I will know exactly how much chicken (raw) I will be eating and cooking. I know that it weighs less after cooking but to use the raw measurements.

Can someone look at my diary ( I track everything ) and tell me if i'm okay. Obviously it will be more accurate as I'm going to be weighing all my snacks, cereal, cheese, everything.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I set my carbs and protein the same - 30%. Goal with my calories are 166 g each.
    I don't believe anyone can have too much protein, unless you have kidney problems.
    I will add and take a look.
    Lisa
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Your diary's private. Don't worry about going over on protein :)
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just changed it to open and public. I'm not sure why I thought I had done this already. It's OPEN and NOT PRIVATE anymore. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If anything, it's too low. MFP's protein goal is way too low. Change your settings to 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein. More protein will keep you full longer and will minimize muscle loss.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Have all the protein you want. generally 1g/lb of lean body mass up to 1g/lb of body weight. I routinely eat about 140g/day and it keeps me full!