Help!!

Options
Okay I don't know what happened... I was doing really well, but I think I started to resent the fact that I couldn't eat anything I want... so I have gotten into a horrible habit of just eating WHATEVER I WANT until the point that I almost feel sick. I don't know what's wrong with me. For like five days now I have literally gone over my calories by like, 2000. It's awful. I feel terrible, but then I just keep doing it. I tell myself, don't eat that, you're going to hate yourself, but I do it anyway. Seriously what is wrong with me?!?!!! Is this normal?? Tomorrow I am GOING to get back on track.

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Okay I don't know what happened... I was doing really well, but I think I started to resent the fact that I couldn't eat anything I want... so I have gotten into a horrible habit of just eating WHATEVER I WANT until the point that I almost feel sick. I don't know what's wrong with me. For like five days now I have literally gone over my calories by like, 2000. It's awful. I feel terrible, but then I just keep doing it. I tell myself, don't eat that, you're going to hate yourself, but I do it anyway. Seriously what is wrong with me?!?!!! Is this normal?? Tomorrow I am GOING to get back on track.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow is another day!! Pick yourself up and keep going...How long have you been in MFP? I was like that before I found this site and now with all the support and reading others' struggles and achievements I stay on track...Good luck to you!! It is not easy but it can be done!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow is another day!! Pick yourself up and keep going...How long have you been in MFP? I was like that before I found this site and now with all the support and reading others' struggles and achievements I stay on track...Good luck to you!! It is not easy but it can be done!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :smile: I too used to be the same way....until MFP ! This site has really helped me begin to make the changes I have so desperately needed. Don't be so hard on your self. :smile: :smile: change can be a challenge. I don't know your schedule... but may-be you could log on and post at times when you feel those drives to binge. May-be it can help you think it through. Especially if it is psychological. Because the truth of the matter is that we CAN eat anything we want and as much of it as we are able....It is the results of doing so that we do not want. :huh: Hang in there!!!! Just the fact that you recognize that what your doing is not what you want is a big step in fighting the battle. So with that said....again , Tomorrow is another day! Hope you post and keep us posted on how things are going. :flowerforyou:
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    This isn't a diet its a lifestyle change. You've had a few bad days. Now that you've gotten it out of your system, rresume your regular eating and don't be too hard on yourself.
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot everyone, I am feeling a lot better. Guilty, yes, but I now have the motivation to get back on track tomorrow! I can do this! Next time before I go overboard and eat 1,000,000,000,000,000 calories (okay well thankfully that's an exaggeration) I'll post on here!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    truedecember,

I've been at this since last July and occasionally still do that. I know the frustration, and I know the compulsive / obsessive thinking, and I think to myslf sometimes, "Well, I've already messed up, I may as well keep going."

Songbyrdsweet said one time "You don't want to create a bad relationship with food." Meaning don't punish yourself by beating yourself up when you overeat, and don't use food as an excuse to wallow in anger or self-pity.

You may have this happen again. The only way it is a "failure" is if you give up. I know you have seen a baby taking its first steps. If the baby gave up after the 1,00,000,000,000th time she fell - then she would never walk.

Baby steps. Get back up. You're okay!

I journal my patterns with food and exercise. It really helps.

:flowerforyou: ~Cheryl
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    It happens to the best of us..yesterday, I had a friend come in from out of town, we went out to eat for both lunch and dinner, then went and got ice cream after! I put everything in at the end of day and realized I ate 5000 calories!! AHHH!! I wasn't too hard on myself, I don't do that kind of thing often (anymore) and I'll get back at it today. Just go from day to day.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. You look very beautiful from your picture, and should not let this get you down. Those 20 lbs won't take too long to come off, I am sure of it! :flowerforyou:

Maybe try to plan out your entire day in the morning, and see what the calories look like. If you want a little "splurge" then try to balance it out with exercise. Good luck, and remember that changing your habits takes practice!