help, get out of lazy mode.

Options
I was really really sick a few years ago, unable to do anything compounded with chronic back problems I got used to sitting around all day. I only work a couple hours a couple days a week... excuses aside, how do I get out of lazy mode? My brain says go do something, my butt says stay on the sofa. My weight is ok, maybe 5 more pounds. I need to get in shape, keep in mind I'm limited due to injuries from abdominal surgeries and back problems. So I need something gentle when, if I get off my butt. Oh, and I don't want to leave my house. I have a bike and wider multi gym thing, an Xbox with the moving camera thing, a Wii with exercise accessories

Thanks for any help

Replies

• eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Has the doctor released you to exercise? I ride my exercise bike and love to walk. Those would be two low impacted things to do. I know the sitting on couch thing you are going though. But you have to make that decision to get up no one else will do it for you. I know like I said I was doing the same thing. Good luck and if you need a friend on here would be glad to help anyway possible just add me.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    Thanks. My surgeon cleared my for exercise. I will add you to my friends.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooh yeah. I had a difficult pregnancy that sent me into a downward spiral of lethargy and muscle atrophy. For 4 years. My fault.

So, a month ago I got back into MFP and started tracking, then gave myself a prescription of GENTLE exercise for 1 month to build up strength. Sometimes it was a walk around the block, sometimes it was a 10-minute beginner stretching workout on YouTube. I never did anything I didn't think I could complete. The intensity level would make fit people giggle.

I lost 11 pounds, and now I'm ready (and strong enough) to pick it up a bit. If I had set huge goals, I would not still be here because I'd be exhausted and discouraged.

Try this!