lose 2lb a week

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    first of all thanks for your help, ok i have put the details in to lose 0.5lb a week and its gave me the calories i need but i put in i exercise 5 days a week and burn 1500 calories a week , but my fitness pal has recommended only burn 690 a week what do i need to do if i still want burn 1500 calories a week? stats below

Your Fitness Goals
    Nutritional Goals Goals
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,360 cal/day
    Carbs / Day 136.0 g
    Fat / Day 30.0 g
    Protein / Day 136.0 g
    Fitness Goals Goals
    Calories Burned / Week 690 cal/week
    Workouts / Week 5 Workouts
    Minutes / Workout 30 mins
    Your Diet Profile Target
    Calories Burned
    From Normal Daily Activity 1,610 cal/day
    Net Calories Consumed*
    Your Daily Goal 1,360 cal/day
    Daily Calorie Deficit 250 calories
    Projected Weight Loss 0.5 lbs/week
    * Net Calories Consumed = Total Calories Consumed - Exercise Calories Burned

You calorie goal on MFP assumes no exercise. when you enter exercise in the cardio section it will add these cals to your day, which you should eat. That said, 30grmas of fat seems really low, maybe knock Protein or Cabs down by 5% each, or carbs by 10% and add those cals to fat.

I good guide for fat is 0.35 to 0.45 grams per lb of body weight. Protein should be around 0.8grams per lb of body weight, the remaining cals could come from carbs, or more fat or protein.

So at 126lbs that would give you a min of 101 grams of protein, a min 44 grams of fat. So if you set your % to 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbs that would be good, but use the fat and protein as minimums and the carbs as a maximum.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ok thanks for your replies, i am willing to lose 0.5 lb a week so how many calories shall i eat a day if i exercise 5 days a week and burn 300-400 a day?
    MFP will tell you. Set your goal to lose 0.5 pounds per week, and then add your exercise calories (or a portion of them).
    ^^^This.

Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • donnah2203
    donnah2203 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi thanks of for your recent advice another thing i would like advice is, i have eat my total fat for the day and protein and carbs i then done some cardio now i know it tells me to eat my calories back but do i have to eat the protein, fat and carbs that are now under if you understand what i mean lol

example if my protein for today is 126 grams which i eat i then do cardio and it tells me i should of eat 150 grams of protein
    anther thing is people say eat 1gram of protein per pound of your body weight and mine is 126lbs which i have done but it comes up i have to eat 150 grams after the cardio i have done, can you help me please