Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes?

Options
EddieHaskell97
EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
What's the best Super Bowl appetizer you've had? If you know the recipe, do you care to share it?

Replies

• capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Healthier Taco Dip: In an 8x8 pan, evenly spread one can of fat-free/reduced sodium refried beans. Sprinkle a little cheese or cheese substitute (I use Daiya because of an allergy - it is a vegan "cheese), really no more than 1/4 cup. Top with salsa of your choice and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly. Serve with baked chips or veggies.

Popcorn with garlic salt: Use either an air popper (machine directions) or a pan on the stovetop (about a tablespoon of canola oil per 1/2 cup unpopped kernels) to make a batch of popcorn. While it is still hot, sprinkle with garlic salt for extra flavor; no butter needed!

Sabse borani (Afghan spinach yogurt dip): Drain one cup plain yogurt in a coffee filter for one hour. Rinse and chop 4 cups of fresh spinach, then add the damp spinach to a sauce pan, cover, and cook on medium heat until somewhat wilted. Squeeze out the excess liquid and put aside. In the same pan, saute one finely minced onion and 2 minced garlic cloves in one tablespoon olive oil until soft. Allow to cool, then mix all of the ingredients together and serve with pita triangles and hummus.
  • spunk_master_flex
    Options
    Grilled buffalo chicken wings
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup Ranch dressing

3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces

1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers

1.Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

This is always a hit everywhere I've ever taken it. I had it with Pork rinds not long ago and I thought it was wonderful... got to have something like a cracker
  • marymt86
    Options
    http://www.denverpost.com/fitness/ci_25004581/fitfood-paleo-take-devils-horseback-tasty-super-bowl. I'll be eating a couple of these while my Denver Broncos spank the Seattle Seahawks!.