Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another 30DS question!

I started 30DS, it's only day 3 and I gained 2 pounds :((
Will I lose after I keep up with it for some days?
I plan to stick with it for 30 days even if I don't lose weight but I don't want to gain:((

Please share your experience with 30DS and weight gain! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    bump for responses.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    bump for responses.

Weight fluctuates from day to day. If you had higher sodium yesterday, TOM, drank more water, etc.......weight changes.

30 DS is mainly cardio with a bit of strength training thrown in .............I just wanted to point that out before someone comes along and states your muscles are retaining water (from repair) ......that can happen.....but not likely with 30 DS

30 days in a row...........good luck. This is very high impact (hard on the knees) .....don't feel bad if you have to take days off here & there.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Whenever I do 30DS, or start a new level, my muscles get sore and I retain water. I am doing it again on day 6 level one and the first couple of days my weight went up too, but today I saw a 2 lb loss. Don't fret it, quite a few people have commented that they didn't lose much on the scale, sometimes even through the whole 30 days, but they lost INCHES always, and that's what people see, not the number on the scale. I suggest measuring yourself and taking pictures if you haven't yet, then again day 10, 20, and 30. You will be amazed at the difference you will be able to actually see in your body. Good luck!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    bump for responses.

Weight fluctuates from day to day. If you had higher sodium yesterday, TOM, drank more water, etc.......weightchanges.

30 DS is mainly cardio with a bit of strength training thrown in .............I just wanted to point that out before someone comes along and states your muscles are reataining water (from repair) ......that can happen.....but not likely with 30 DS

Um...for those of us who don't do much strenght training to begin with, it feels like quite a bit of strenght training. Even the cardio has strength training built in (Level 2-3) with plank jacks and mountain climbers, plyometrics, etc. I always have a 1-2 lb gain when I have sore muscles..I keep spreadsheets with daily monthly notes and I don't get TOM anymore, The only correlation that I can find is the soreness. If I take a day off, the next day the weight drops back down. This is MY experience only, and could be happening to others, there's no hard and fast here...
  • Aurialou
    Aurialou Posts: 5 Member
    I'm doing it too, and the first couple days my pants were tighter... I know I gained muscle in my thighs. I've lost a total of 6 pounds in the last two weeks. I just finished level one. There was a period of like 4 days when the scale didn't move at all, but today I woke up and lost a pound. I've been told that you bloat with water while your muscles are repairing, so for the first two weeks you're starting a new program the scale is not reliable. If you're confident that your diet is on track, keep going with the program. But make sure you're not overestimating your portions.
    It's weird, I was really worried too, even though I knew my diet was on track. I didn't understand why the scale stopped moving. Everyone says you should lose slowly at a pound to two pounds a week, but for me I lost nothing for a couple days and then wake all of a sudden I lose. Maybe that's why you're only supposed to weigh once a week.
    My advice:
    Check your diet. Give it the 30 days and see what happens. Your definitely not going to get fat working out!