Fattest Profession

Options
OK, complete opinion poll here, but what do you believe is the profession that has the most overweight individuals. I remember the Simpsons episode where Homer shops for large men's clothes and the salesman erroneously assumes he must work in the computer field because of all the "sitting and snacking." I personally notice that many teachers are overweight.

Replies

• TheFisherKing
    Options
    Although I think Sumo wrestler would have to be the top answer.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Although I think Sumo wrestler would have to be the top answer.
    /thread
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    social workers. All of the ones I know are overweight. It's a depressing job.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders....

(in opposite world)
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work in film. I'm on a computer all day and sometimes all night. We get bored and we snack. I don't really see a lot of obese people, but it is definitely the most fat-promoting type of job! Not to mention, we always have free pastries and pizza lurking around! Ugh.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Amusement park employee.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Amusement park employee.
    HEY!!! I was NEVER fat when I worked there! I was the one jumping into the water in my clothes to go collect the flotation devices! Fun job. Except for the sun.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I have noticed when I go to the doctors office that many of the nurses are very overweight. I always though that was strange since they are in the health profession.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Credit Card Call Center (that was the 2nd time I'd put on a ton of weight...)
    Any call center really.

There are a lot of overweight people in the medical profession, which is a little crazy, but mostly it's the ones that have to sit all day. So I'm going to amend my answer to any job where you sit 6+ hours a day.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I have noticed when I go to the doctors office that many of the nurses are very overweight. I always though that was strange since they are in the health profession.

My nurse friends, many of them, are the CRAZIEST partiers EVER. Another stressful job!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Easily Sumo. Many force feed themselves to get bigger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Truck drivers?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, in England. There aren't that many overweight teachers at my school. We're on our feet for hours at a time, and don't get long breaks. It is a stressful job though, so I can see why people comfort eat, plus we have to spend a lot of our own time planning and marking, so a lot of teachers will use that as an excuse for not having time to exercise.

I think a lot of people who do shift work tend to be overweight, because of the different hours, and it not always being easy to buy something. My husband works for the railway, so can't always guarantee where he'll be when he gets a break. A lot of his colleagues are overweight.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    DMV/Secretary of State clerk
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Truck drivers?
    Nah, usually need their muscle to help unload.
    Maybe a beer belly, though?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Amusement park employee.
    HEY!!! I was NEVER fat when I worked there! I was the one jumping into the water in my clothes to go collect the flotation devices! Fun job. Except for the sun.

Then you are the exception to the rule based on my my opinion based on the very small sampling of people I've encountered and zero fact whatsoever.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    women in just below management positions in fast food resturaunts
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    According to this website it's truck drivers (in the US anyway): http://www.healthline.com/health-news/fitness-fittest-and-fattest-jobs-in-america-010914
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nose Tackle
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I put most of my weight on while a programmer. And I made most Sumo wrestlers look small.