Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Five Guys Burgers and Fries
    Chipotle
    Taco Bell
    Sbarro

We just got a Five Guys here and I've been wondering if it's good, is it just another burger joint?

It is great
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Chili's
    Così
    Carl's Jr.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
    Taco Bell
    Sbarro

We just got a Five Guys here and I've been wondering if it's good, is it just another burger joint?

I was not impressed

Nether was I.

About a year ago my husband and I met some friends in one of the Five Guys in town (their choice not ours) and I had one of their burgers, can't remember which one, but it was over done and dry, and I didn't like it or enjoy it at all. My husband was not too impressed about his choice either. Neither of us are hamburger lovers so maybe that had something to do with it. We are not planning to go back there anytime soon

edited to correct typos
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    McDonalds or Wendys.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
    Taco Cabana
    Burger King
    Wendy's
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Moe's Southwest Grill or Mooyah... I think they're actually owned by the same company.

Technically those are fast-casual so for true "fast food" I'll say Wendy's.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
    Taco Bell
    Sbarro

It's greasy, heavy food. Sometimes, that's exactly what I want. I like it because I don't feel like I'm being skimped on food.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If I'm not watching nutrition/calories, then it's definetely Nick Tahoes here in Rochester. It's a local burger joint, that serves a "Garbage Plate"-which is fatty heart attack goodness. Half a plate of macaroni salad, half a plate of home fries, topped with two cheeseburgers, onions, mustard, and meaty/greasy hot sauce. NOM.
  • caseygrant90
    caseygrant90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    White Castle by an absolutely long way. Can't get enough of their chicken ring sliders, mozzarella sticks, or french toast sticks... Part of my problem... XD
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Taco Bell - #5 three supreme tacos

&

Chipotle - steak hard tacos
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wendy's and Panera's..great salads! Go for pick 2 deal...soup and salad or soup and half sandwich..the bread is good!
  • clau_nectarina
    clau_nectarina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chipotle and Veggie Grill. Both have acceptable options under 500, 400 or even 300 calories if you're careful with what you offer. I lost weight steadily while having lunch almost every other day at Veggie Grill.

My Chipotle option: bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, chicken, hot red salsa and lettuce (I don't finish the rice for about 400-450 cal).

At Veggie Grill: Carne asada kale style (now gone, but about 280 cal), Buffalo Bomber kale style (380 cal). I usually skip the chili or have only half a cup since it's 120 cal per 4 ounces. Their lentil soup is good too.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My favorite fast food restaurant is probably a local joint called Babe's Drive In. BEST hamburger around and really cheap, delicious shakes that tend to be pretty small portions compared to the big chains. I really never get their shakes these days but it's nice to know you can grab a 16 oz shake for a buck something. Instead of a $5 shake that has a cupcake smashed on top and is in a Big Gulp cup.

I mostly like ethnic & local places that don't qualify as "fast food" though :-)

If I HAD to pick a few of the bigger fast food chains I guess it would be something like this:

Culver's - veggie burger or single burger

Taco Bell - shredded chicken burrito

Moe's - steak burrito bowl with fajita veggies, rice, black beans, and sour cream (Chipotle & Qdoba are also okay but I think Moe's has the best value and tastiest steak)

Schlotzsky's - small veggie sandwich or chicken pesto pizza

Subway - egg white on flatbread with tons of veggies
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Panda Express - Mandarin chicken with brown fried rice
    KFC - Pot Pie
    Wendy's - Chicken Caesar wrap, fries and a FROSTY!
    Mc'Ds - Chicken n fries

And now I am salivating...:love:
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Panda Express, obsessed with their honey walnut shrimp. :love:

ooh this is exciting because I've never been, and they are opening in my town soon.

Also...who called Outback "fast food"? LOL...not really...
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Panda Express :)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Steak 'n Shake....extremely close to my place. God, I want a burger xD

Their Frisco melt is one of those foods I haven't had in about 2 years and I occasionally log it, plan to get it, and then chicken out hahaha
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Freebirds
    Chipotle
    Panda Express
    Togo's
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    taco bell
  • Dnarules