YAY! I Broke a habit!

Thursdays are my LONG days at school. (9am-10:30pm). I've gotten into this horrible habit of going to Taco Bell on my way home after school. Tonight I had the urge- but instead called my mom- and my sisters (ie my mom does a 3 way call between me and one of them and then my other sister does a three way with us and my other sister so we're all on the phone) Anyways- it distracted me enough on the 20 minute drive home that I pulled into our driveway and realized I hadn't stopped to get food. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! THat's a huge accomplishment for me! So now I know I can distract myself and refocus my attention. And see- normally I would have stopped and eaten a meal- and I'm sitting here on my laptop typing this- thinking about how I''m not even hungry- so i'm glad I didn't stop! It's just a bad habit I got into!!!!!!

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Thursdays are my LONG days at school. (9am-10:30pm). I've gotten into this horrible habit of going to Taco Bell on my way home after school. Tonight I had the urge- but instead called my mom- and my sisters (ie my mom does a 3 way call between me and one of them and then my other sister does a three way with us and my other sister so we're all on the phone) Anyways- it distracted me enough on the 20 minute drive home that I pulled into our driveway and realized I hadn't stopped to get food. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! THat's a huge accomplishment for me! So now I know I can distract myself and refocus my attention. And see- normally I would have stopped and eaten a meal- and I'm sitting here on my laptop typing this- thinking about how I''m not even hungry- so i'm glad I didn't stop! It's just a bad habit I got into!!!!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    :flowerforyou: That's great! I often eat out of habit. Sometimes I change up my normal walking/commute routes just to avoid my habitual snacking places.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    ya i have that habit to eating when im going on trips or just plan out of tirednes... good job not letting it get to you,,
    :heart:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    That's great!! It's those kind of seemingly small steps that add up to big rewards! I made 4 dozen muffins today without licking the batter. Last time I made muffins I ate so much batter licking the spoon. the bowl etc. I felt sick. So today I didn't even lick a finger! Yeah!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    That's great!! It's those kind of seemingly small steps that add up to big rewards! I made 4 dozen muffins today without licking the batter. Last time I made muffins I ate so much batter licking the spoon. the bowl etc. I felt sick. So today I didn't even lick a finger! Yeah!

The day I can make anything batter related with out licking a spoon or finger will be a GREAT day LOL... I have a serious problem with batter cravings. I have actually made brownies before just so I could eat some brownie batter.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    When I make choc chip cookies the dough is so much better than the cookies!

Anyway, good job not going to Taco Bell! That food is def. not good for you, and the calories are terrible!

It is hard to change a habit, so pat yourself on the back!