Random Package of Cream Cheese!!

Options
gemaquaries
gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
So, after cleaning out the fridge, I found a (still good) 8 oz package of cream cheese at home. I'm not really into bread, so it's not going to be used for a spread.

I need some ideas that are healthier than what I've found on allrecipes.com (it is cream cheese though so I might be out of luck). I just don't want to waste the package.

Any ideas on what I can incorporate it into?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have seen people spread it in ham or turkey and place a slice of pickle in the middle and roll it up.

You can add some to scrambled eggs, Makes them real creamy.

Great with spinach and chicken. I have seen soup, and stuffed chicken breast recipes.

Use in a fruit dip recipe. Lots out there.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I don't think you would need both brown sugar and splenda in this recipe. I would just add to taste.

Grape Salad
    13 - 1/2 C. servings

*4 oz FF cream cheese
    *4 oz FF sour cream
    *1/2 C. splenda
    *1 T. vanilla extract
    *3 C. green grapes
    *3 C. red grapes
    *1/4 C. brown sugar
    *1 oz pecans, chopped small (I didn't have these on-hand and made it without them)

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, splenda, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in pecans and grapes. Combine well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You could blend some with marinated artichoke hearts and put it on celery or carrots. It's good as part of a sauce for cooked squash. You could try it in place of butter or mayonnaise in whatever you use those things for. My family loves it when I use it in scrambled eggs. You could blend it up with fruit and use it as a dip for crackers or other fruits. It's good in meat/veg rollups.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    its good in rice dishes
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    good with canned tuna or salmon!
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    stuffed chicken breast recipe!!! There is a delicious one on here with bacon.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ^ nice
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It is great like everyone is saying as a fruit or veggie dip... but I love it with veggies hot off the stove, add a some and it melts in and makes you think you are sinning LOL great with chicken also. Alone on a baked potato too...just anything you would use butter/margarine and/or sour cream/cream on.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I would use it to make a spinach dip
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Mix with chopped spinach, garlic and onion to make anything florentine: works well with fish, chicken or pasta.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Warm it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds or until softened then put "homemade chili sauce"(homemade is the brand, you can find it in the ketchup aisle) and you got yourself a bomb dip. I use with corn tortilla chips
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    crush up a pack of oreo and mix it with the cream cheese. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for a little bit to let it harden enough to work with. Roll the dough into bite size balls and freeze for about 30 minutes. Take 2 plastic forks and break out the middle tines. Use these to dip your balls into melted almond bark...I like to do half a batch of chocolate and half a batch of vanilla. You can garnish with crushed up cookies and melted almond bark of the opposite kind. SOOOOO yummy!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You can use it to make Buffalo Chicken Dip. It's super easy. Here's how:

Ingredients
    8 oz. package of cream cheese
    1 small rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded or chopped finely (or use 2 large cans of chicken....which I don't use)
    1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
    1/2 cup Blue Cheese salad dressing
    2 stalks celery, finely diced

Melt 8 oz cream cheese in saucepan on low. Add remaining ingredients and combine. Spray Pam on a baking dish and then pour mixture in dish. Bake at 425 until hot and bubbly.

This has a ton of protein and is great with carrots and celery, pepper strips, etc. I made this for a party this weekend and it was devoured.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You could incorporate the cream cheese into a creamy pasta dish.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You need to get some hard salami slices and spread the cream cheese on it and roll it. That's it and eat it. If you follow this simple recipe you will be thanking me latter because it is awesome.

You can also make some simple jalapeno poppers.
    Step 1. Get some fresh jalapeno's and bacon
    Step 2. Cut jalapeno in half and remove the core and vein.
    Step 3. Fill hollowed out jalapeno with cream cheese and place a strip bacon slice on top or just wrap the whole thing in a bacon strip.
    Step 4. Bake it until the bacon becomes crispy.
    Step 5. Eat it
    Step 6. Eat all of them
    Step 7. Sharing is optional
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I would go all out and make crepes. Good recipes on Pinterest. Mix the cream cheese with a splash of milk and some sweetener (not a whole lot) and then top the crepes with fresh fruit. Delicious.

Obviously not 8 oz for one person though...would be great to split between 3-4 people or make it a few times.
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!! Thanks everyone! Now I have to figure out which recipe to try lol.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    spinach artichoke dip pasta
    spinach artichoke stuffed mushrooms or peppers
    eat fruit with it