Need help with my Polar F6.

BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone,

So I've had my HRM for about 2 months now and haven't had a problem with it...I've actually loved it. Tonight, however, I had something weird happen and wondered if this has happened to anyone else. I was working out at about 10 minutes in I checked my calories burned and it showed 86 calories burned. I thought maybe I was slacking since I've usually burned about 100 at this point, so I stepped it up and got 26 minutes in and checked them again. 20 calories burned. First of all, I usually burn about 400 calories on the eliptical so it didn't make sense to begin with. Secondly, how the heck could the calories burned go DOWN during a session? I didn't stop it or reset it or anything like that. I wet the chest strap as usual...and since I've had it for a while I can't imagine I put the strap in the wrong place. So in the end, it showed 23 calories burned in 30 minutes. Definitely not right. :huh:

Anyway, any ideas would be fabulous. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    That is a bit odd. Any idea if the HR function is working properly? It may be that the batteries in either the watch or chest strap need replacing (could have been old when you got the polar).

It could be worth looking into sending it back to Polar to have a look at under warranty. The main website (http://www.polar.fi) has all the info on how to do this and some trouble shooting tips under the Support menu.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    I really don't think it's the batteries. When the batteries in the watch of my F6, the screen would flicker off then back on again. I don't remember the calories resetting when it did. I would definitely contact Polar and see what they say. Have you noticed it off before, even a little, or is this an all of a sudden thing?
  • Its an all of a sudden thing. I'm going to use it again during lunch and see what happens this time.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    could be a bad battery, or maybe something wrong with the transmitter. Or it could have just been a bad connection to your skin. I would do what you are already doing, try it again, if it's still bad, call the company, they'll make you send it in to be repaired, but I've had good luck with that (or my wife has, I've had my F6 for 2+ years and never had a problem besides the occational lost signal).
This discussion has been closed.