Facing the monster again

Options
I've been working since January on losing weight and becoming more healthly and have been really happy with the progress I'm making but this week has been a complete bust.

I was traveling on Saturday and knew I wouldn't be able to exercise. I ate really well all day but then, I got home late Saturday night had a craving and ended up ordering out. No exercise and about 1200 calories more than my allowance. Sunday was left overs, and I skipped working out. By Wednesday I was completely stressed by some recurring issues at work and went out to lunch. This evening I had a business dinner and ended up overeating again and missing my regular workout. I've ended up skipping three days of exercise and have not been eating well all week.

The thing is that I had packed my lunch on Wednesday and knew I was going out tonight. I could have planned better but my emotions got the better of me. I've just realized that I've been trying to feed my anxiety all week. Now, in addition to work, I'm anxious about what this week will do to my momentum.

I thought I had beaten the emotional eating monster but I'm staring it in the face right now and terribly afraid it might win. I have that empty feeling in my stomach that I am used to filling with food. I just don't know how to fill it when I'm feeling like this.

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been working since January on losing weight and becoming more healthly and have been really happy with the progress I'm making but this week has been a complete bust.

I was traveling on Saturday and knew I wouldn't be able to exercise. I ate really well all day but then, I got home late Saturday night had a craving and ended up ordering out. No exercise and about 1200 calories more than my allowance. Sunday was left overs, and I skipped working out. By Wednesday I was completely stressed by some recurring issues at work and went out to lunch. This evening I had a business dinner and ended up overeating again and missing my regular workout. I've ended up skipping three days of exercise and have not been eating well all week.

The thing is that I had packed my lunch on Wednesday and knew I was going out tonight. I could have planned better but my emotions got the better of me. I've just realized that I've been trying to feed my anxiety all week. Now, in addition to work, I'm anxious about what this week will do to my momentum.

I thought I had beaten the emotional eating monster but I'm staring it in the face right now and terribly afraid it might win. I have that empty feeling in my stomach that I am used to filling with food. I just don't know how to fill it when I'm feeling like this.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    maybe the empty feeling isnt hunger? maybe it is someting else, nervousness.. try a protein shake or somethinglike that to settle your stomach down when you feel hungry
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congratulations on the progress you have made on your journey so far !! I read your profile and it seems as though you have some good support set up to help you reach your goals. I think we all have a bad week once in a while. Don't let it get you down to where you lose focus of the true goal here. Change. Changing bahaviors that we have had most or all of our lives seldom comes without a relapse now and again. It is a process....YOU HAVE done it and CAN DO IT again! I believe that from your profile. :smile: Hope you post again soon to keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes to you.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You can do this. We all have moments of weakness. Maybe you do need to eat.... Just don't eat everything. Keep it reasonable tomorrow. Make one meal your cheat meal but keep it within reason. Try to fit it in your calories at the very least fit it in you calories to maintain. Enjoy your meal and hop back on the wagon with us all. Good luck to you
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support. I'm feeling better today. I've got a yoga class tonight and I packed lunch. So, I'm back on the wagon.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support. I'm feeling better today. I've got a yoga class tonight and I packed lunch. So, I'm back on the wagon.
    Ok tess, this is the day. I am on full force and so are you. I will be checking in on you.
    Did you get enough sleep? I sure didn't. Nice chatting with you.:flowerforyou: