Fitbit.....

Options
HELP! I can't decide between the fitbit flex or the fitbit zip. I want something that I can wear all the time no matter what outfit I am wearing. The zip I can easily conceal.... but I am not just sure.

Replies

• dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the One and forgot to remove it from my bra and it went through the wash and died :(. That's one thing to consider when making your decision, the clip on ones are way easier to lose or put through the wash.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just got the flex 2 days ago & so far so good. I admit it does look kinda funny on my wrist with my watch, but oh well. I think if I had dress up (which I rarely do), I would probably take it off.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it. Whichever one you decide on will really help motivate you to keep moving.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and love it. I use to wear it on my bra in the middle, I almost washed it one day. Now I wear it on my underwear to the side no more close calls either. It is small enough that it does not show (it is so small). I also like the price 1/2 the price of the other ones and does the same thing except for the sleep thing and that is not a problem for me.
  • huntndox
    huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the zip. And it serves my purpose perfectly. All I want to do is track steps, so I don't need the other fancy stuff. And I surely don't need it to track my sleep. So if steps of what you're after, then zip is what you want. It's small it's easy to hide you don't wear on your wrist etc. Really it's all about what you want.
  • Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been using my flex since July, and it's been fantastic! You don't ever have to think about it, because it's always on your body. It blends relatively well into stacked bracelets, and if you loosen it up a notch or two, it works easily with a watch stacked on top of it. I just ordered replacement bracelets, because after 7 months, mine has split, but for something I wear 24/7, bathe and do everything else with, I don't find that unreasonable.

It also tracks your sleep - obviously not a substitute for a sleep study, but gives you a general idea of how well (or poorly) you sleep each night.
  • JennJenn03
    JennJenn03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your responses!!! I guess I will have to make a decision soon. I think that with either one I go with I will be happy. :-) I just want something that actually visualizes my calories burnt, steps taken, etc. (using an app, of course).
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and love it, it's been through the wash and survived (killed the battery though). Had the One and lost it, but it was great. After I lost the one, I got the zip because Best Buy had a 2 pack of them for the same price as the One, now I have a backup if this one gets lost. I had the Flex and returned it because it was misreading arm movements in my job as steps and it was giving me thousands of steps each day that I never took.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I chose the fitbit one because I wanted it in my bra concealed and I wanted sleep tracking.

You do have to be very careful about the wash, though.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a One an love it! The zip won't analyze sleep or count stairs/hills. Plus you can charge One's battery. Whatever you get, it's totally motivating and a game changer!
  • selmaphilbrick
    selmaphilbrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I LOVE it!!
  • Minx675
    Minx675 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the Flex. I have one, just the plain black band, and it's really unobtrusive and I always have it on. Easy to keep track of and never gets in the way. My fiancé has the zip and he forgets to clip it on often. Plus, it's easy to forget it's clipped somewhere and put it through the wash. Oops. ;) I plan to upgrade to the Force - still a wristband plus some cool new features.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have the one and love it! My husband got the force and has had a few problems. it doesn't count all his steps on the treadmill unless it's in his pocket.... i have no idea why that is. He also complains about it being hard to put on.

I keep my one in my pocket most of the time. when I don't have a pocket it's clipped onto my bra. i like the fact i can hide it under my clothes if i am dressing up.

BTW - if you order directly from Fitbit and you don't like what you get.... email them, if it's within 30 days I have read they will let you exchange it for a different model. Also if you accidentally wash it, email them.... some have said they will send you a new one. They have great customer service.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Why limit to those two? Go for the fitbit one, clip-on and concealable, and does more than the zip.
  • drenee828
    drenee828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and love, love, love it..... it has truly made all the difference in my approach to weight loss
  • I have the FitBit Force. It's like the Flex, but it has a display (including a clock, thank goodness, so no need to have a watch AND a fitbit). It tells me exactly how many steps, calories, etc etc I'm at. It's a little wider that the force, but less thick.
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and compete with my BH, who also has one, as to who can do the most steps daily... extra competitive healthy fun...
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    I bought the flex. No one has ever asked what it is (2 months of having it)

Also, it still works if on your ankle, or in your pocket. So you have a couple choices if you need to hide it.