Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFyF9px20Y

take 180 minutes of your day and listen to what this guy has to say about calorie being a calorie....

the truth will blow you away
    Unfortunately not blown away because it's not the truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say " count your calories, because calories are calories." and that brings me to to my discussion. What is a the difference between a person eating 2000 calories worth of clean food like oatmeal, chicken breasts, egg whites, veggies and fruits compared to a person who eats 2000 calories worth of Oreos, french fries, ice cream, & potato chips.

And what is more important in fat and weight loss: Counting calories or eating very clean? I guess the questions go hand in hand.

The difference is better health.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say " count your calories, because calories are calories." and that brings me to to my discussion. What is a the difference between a person eating 2000 calories worth of clean food like oatmeal, chicken breasts, egg whites, veggies and fruits compared to a person who eats 2000 calories worth of Oreos, french fries, ice cream, & potato chips.

And what is more important in fat and weight loss: Counting calories or eating very clean? I guess the questions go hand in hand.
    The thing is that there are no dirty or clean calories.

Calorie counting is the most important thing for weight loss. Eating very clean means I wash all my fruits and vegetables before cooking or eating, thus avoiding germs of all the dirty hands that have felt them up at the market.

As for my preference, I'd love to spend all my calories on Oreos and Mesquite Barbeque potato chips, but I instead choose to eat them in moderation and only sometimes. Otherwise I wouldn't feel too good.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

The difference is better health.

I eat all of the above and I have good health. I'm maintaining well, my blood work is great, I no longer have a glucose number in the pre-diabetic range, I have lots of energy, sleep well, have no health issues etc etc. I focus on staying within my calorie allotments, keep an eye on my macros (especially protein), and I eat ALL the foods I like. That includes veggies and whole grains, and it includes fast food 3-4 times a week and daily Oreos. Like others have said-it doesn't have to be one way or the other. You can combine the two and have a much greater chance of sticking with this whole thing long term, and have good health as well :smile:
  • Medusa3
    Medusa3 Posts: 11
    Options
    Both are important, although yes calories are calories, BUT what you eat affects how much you're able to eat. Eating healthier allows you to eat MORE food throughout the day. I've gotta have my carbs and sweet snacks, but I'm just careful about how I satisfy my cravings. Additionally you're not going to feel as energetic if you're not eating healthy. Good Luck! :-)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year, I cut out all processed foods, switched to tea from coffee and stopped drinking diet pop. I hate to say it, but I don't have to eat as much to feel full, I don't get that 3:00 sleeping feeling and I've lost 8 pounds this month. I'm beginning to believe that if you don't really know what's in your food - it's not a good idea to eat it. However, I did have a Frownie Sundae at Kings last weekend with my granddaughter to celebrate getting the bead she stuck in her ear removed! Good luck to ya in finding out what works for you!