Frustrated! Rant!

Options

Replies

• santanacouture
    Options
    i know i have the same problems its so hard to cut the sugar i hear people cut it out so easy omg i wish its so frustrating and i dont know that working out will make me loose weight alone
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You had a bad day. You're human. You caved in. It happens. Everyone has days like that. Don't let it get to you. Tomorrow is a new day. Most importantly, did you notice that when you caved in, you were "less bad" than you would have been in the past? THAT is the key!

:heart:
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    Negative people are like a slow acting poison. They are immune to their poison so they are always looking for new victims You choose to be a victim or choose not to participate in the poison party. I choose not to participate.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I could never live on a 1200 calorie a day limit. Pretty sure my blood sugar would drop so low that I'd pass out.

Anyway, you can check out my food diary to make you feel better. I had a 3,000 calorie day this weekend. I don't feel bad about it or judge it in any way, I just move on and do my best the next day, and the next and the next. Yesterday I did well and today I did even better. Who knows what tomorrow holds, but I know I'll do my best!

And I've been on this site for about 4 weeks now, and I'm down 5 lbs... I really am not complaining here. You should embrace your 2,000 calorie day and just resolve to do better the next day :)
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    A snickers chocolate bar has 250 calories, it takes me one hour on the tredmill to burn 250 cals. An "In and out burger" combo that I used to have is 1750 cals, you guessed it, 7 hours on the tredmill when I look at it that way I really don't want it anymore.... hope this helps

I do this same thing, especially if I'm eating something that I know isn't terribly good for me (I had a hot dog from the Costco deli today; for shame, Chris!). Before I even order it, I'll figure out the calories involved. Don't get me wrong, I'm still probably going to eat and enjoy it, but I'm going to burn off more than what I ate through exercise before I go to bed that night.

It puts a new perspective on things when you look at a hot dog and a 20 ounce soda and, instead of simply seeing delicious food, you see 45 minutes on the elliptical machine.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and get back to it tomorrow.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Many people (most even) can eat more then 1250 calories a day and still lose weight at nearly the same amount as before. Maybe look into what your BMR and TDEE are and then figure your calories from that. Also, I never cut anything out of my diet. If I did that, I would fail instantly. Deprivation is the number one thing I REFUSE to do to myself.
  • meyou4042
    Options
    I am sure you are correct - even though I was "bad" I still logged everything, and I know I have eaten FAR worse in the past when I wasn't tracking my food!! It is just so frustrating because I want to lose the weight SO much! I hate the way I look in the mirror and in my clothing. The 8 lbs I have lost are only a small part of the 80 or so that I need to lose!

Thank you all for the encouraging words!
  • Cmclow84
    Options
    The average weight loss is between .5-2 lbs a week. Be proud, you're doing great!!!!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Don't let one bad mess you up. Don't quit and you'll lose the weight.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with turkey? I haven't looked at the cals but I would think it's pretty lean and comparable to chicken?

If a turkey sandwich is the worst thing you ate today I don't see the problem?

A lot of great advice above. Log it and move on! :flowerforyou:
  • meyou4042
    Options
    I try to "burn" the extra calories as well, but did not make it to the gym today. I have also stopped drinking soda, as I would rather eat my calories than drink them!

I can burn 400 calories in 45 min on the elliptical, but my trainer has asked me NOT to use those extra exercise calories toward my food. He wants me to stay at my 1250 regardless.

I have fibromyalgia and high blood pressure, so I am on meds for both. The medications for the fibro are known to make you hungry! Granted, I am not going to "starve", but my willpower sucks!
  • meyou4042
    Options
    Ronda,

If only the turkey was what was bad! LOL It was the Worlds Finest Chocolate bar and the Reese's big cups that were not the greatest! And those were on top of my already logged "diet" foods.

Boy that sandwich was really good!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    One of the very common complications with 1200 dieting is that it leads to binge eating. So.....it's not your fault, it's the calorie limit.

Or you can be really strict and force yourself to not do this.....until you do it again. And again. And you plateau or gain weight as a result of the overages because your metabolism is stunted. And then you quit because it's impossible to lose weight and you gain back what you lost. And then you come back in 3 months and start over and choose a higher calorie limit to start with and then lose the weight successfully and keep it off.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    honestly one day won't ruin you! :) Also... I probably eat on average at least 2000 and I have NO GUILT! :)

1250 is on the low end though, may I suggest you check out: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have been eating around this amount for 19 weeks.
    I can't exercise because of an injury, I am 54 years old. If you are young you can eat more.
    I have no desire to binge.
    You probably need to raise your calorie amount if you are exercising - perhaps your body is asking for more.
    Be clear about your goals, whats the hurry?
    You have lost plenty of weight so far.
    A friend had to eat more to lose weight when she stalled.
    Human bodies are individual.
    Giving up is what makes us fail, not stumbling along the way.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You asked what BMR and TDEE were...

BMR = basal metabolic rate. It's the amount of calories you need for basic life functions. You should never net below your BMR.

TDEE = total daily energy expenditure. It's the amount you spend on the average day, including activity and exercise.

Here, have a calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Good luck!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I found a plan that would allow me to eat the foods I had always eaten and still lose weight and improve body composition, so that's what I do and have always done.

2 lbs per week is a great loss. I'm concerned though that your very low calorie goal is causing you to overeat. That's a fairly common side effect of low goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • icaniwill56
    Options
    Try not to get frustrated. Everyone has a "bad" day every now and then. If you beat yourself up, it may make you go on an emotional eating binge. I like to eat the dark chocolate covered fruit, but I always measure it on the food scale and believe it or not, it is enough. Stay strong
  • sarah_s77
    sarah_s77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the people on here - it's just one day. We all have 'off' days. I do find it interesting that when you're sick and should really be eating healthier foods (fresh fruit & veg), that's when you crave the bad ones -- I am absolutely the same way.

I'm also a sugar junkie, and my only advice is to tell you what works for me. Try to have some willpower at the grocery store. If I don't have it in my house, I'm generally too lazy to go out and buy it. If it's there, I'll eat it. Also, I find that planning my meals helps. If I've thawed something out for dinner, I feel obligated to make it rather than get takeout. Bring your lunch to work so you don't have to buy it - because there are tons of temptations at the checkout.

As a last note, I think that 1250 calories when you're working out that hard is too low. Maybe not - I'm no expert, and I don't know your height, weight, etc., but it might be something to re-evaluate.

Stick with it! You can do it!