Question regarding how much to eat daily - net calories?

Options
lauribear
lauribear Posts: 28 Member
Hi there! I've been reading the community posts and all the newbie links and I am still confused about net calories and how much I should be eating each day. I think it's come down to this:

Should my net calories equal my base calories each day?

My base calories are 1670.
My BMR is 1739.

After exercise, I typically net around 1400 calories daily. I've only lost 2 pounds this month and I think I might not be eating enough. Thank you SO much!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If your base calories are 1670 you should be eating those calories.

If you exercise and burn lets say 400 according to the database it then puts you at 1270 net...and you need to eat some of them back...

Notice I said some as the esitmates here are notoriously high

As well if you are losing weight (1/2lb a week) and you have your goals set to 1lb a week you are eating more than you think.

Your diary is closed so I can only assume you don't weigh your food, which means you really have no idea if you are eating 4 oz of chicken or 4.5 oz of chicken....
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 1670 then that is what you need to strive for daily. If this # includes your exercise then this is what you need to stay close to. If this does not include your exercise then you need to eat back your exercise calories so you stay close to this #. The scobby site is good place to calculate your TDEE based on your activity level. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

2lbs a month is fantastic. Slow and steady is more sustainable.
  • patty1848
    Options
    Watch this video, she explains it quite nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SoSMN4TOM
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and for sharing the links. I have not been able to find that sweet spot of calories in/calories out where the weight just falls off. I am going to try tweaking it a bit ( I just upped my calories by 100 daily) and see if I have better success.