Does anyone else need to gain some serious height?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    Options
    You can't gain height!! Are you serious??
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I've reached my height goal! Really just working on maintaining at this point. It's challenging, but I'm fairly confident that I can do it :smile:

Yeah, I don't want to brag, but I actually reached my height goal decades ago and have been maintaining ever since. It's stayed exactly the same, no fluctuations (even during two pregnancies and breastfeeding). Best advice I can give is to throw away the measuring tape. It's not about the number. It's the composition of your height that matters. But, also be careful because some people are tall short, and that's not healthy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG Am I tall short? I am short, but I can't wear petites!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When I was about 10, the pediatrician told my mom he expected me to be between 5'8" and 5'10" as an adult. I ended up 5'4". I got robbed.

Do you think shakeology, a clean, or lifting will fix it?
  • Marcia315
    Options
    I can't seem to gain any height. What am I doing wrong?

Do you weigh your food? Overestimate your calorie burn? Lift heavy?
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    <<< 6'3"

You can have a few of my inches if you can make my feet smaller.

Great!!! I'll take some of your feet too. They don't sell heels in the kids department!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but you can't gain height in a calorie deficit. You know... Science and all!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options

No. Surely these things don't matter. They're boring. Maybe if I take raspberry ketones?
  • Marcia315
    Options

No. Surely these things don't matter. They're boring. Maybe if I take raspberry ketones?

Yes, but only as prescribed by a Beach Body Coach. Taken with sugar free almond milk and flax seed, at midnight on a full moon, while swinging a black cat.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I was about 10, the pediatrician told my mom he expected me to be between 5'8" and 5'10" as an adult. I ended up 5'4". I got robbed.

Do you think shakeology, a clean, or lifting will fix it?

Same thing happened to me. My whole family is tall. I was a tall-ish kid. The pediatrician predicted 5'8". I got to 13 y/o and was 5'3.75" and never grew another smidge. I'm still waiting on that last quarter inch, at least.

It's only a moderate goal. I'm taking it slow. I don't know what to do to break my 18 yr plateau! :sad: :grumble:
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Yes, but only as prescribed by a Beach Body Coach. Taken with sugar free almond milk and flax seed, at midnight on a full moon, while swinging a black cat.

Sounds like good advice to me. I even have a black cat!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Adding a few inches to the femur and humerus will give you that long lean look you are after.
  • Marcia315
    Options
    Adding a few inches to the femur and humerus will give you that long lean look you are after.

Only if you lift with 3 pound pink weights.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    <<< 6'3"

You can have a few of my inches if you can make my feet smaller.

I would gladly take a few of your inches. Jus sayin...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Everyone told me that coffee would stunt my height as a kid. When I hit 5'7" in 5th grade I kept drinking coffee to try and stunt it but nothing works. No matter how much I consume I just couldn't get any shorter...

*le sigh*
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite at my goal height yet, but soon, hopefully.

Danny, you're 6'3! WT? are you talking about! lolzzzz Siily boy.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Everyone told me that coffee would stunt my height as a kid. When I hit 5'7" in 5th grade I kept drinking coffee to try and stunt it but nothing works. No matter how much I consume I just couldn't get any shorter...

*le sigh*

Well THERE'S your problem! I started drinking coffee at age 5, so I only got to 5'8" and it took a whole 16 years or so....