Breakfast Ideas? (Bored of Eggs)

Options
Poods71
Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
I am getting a bit bored with my eggs in the morning but can't think of anything else to have. I am not a big fan of cereal and don't feel like it fills me up till lunch and it has to be something I can keep in work and make there (we only have a fridge, a toaster and a microwave). Any ideas anyone?

Replies

• DianeEvans69
    DianeEvans69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Porridge with apricots, crumpets (no butter) berries and greek yoghurt.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and jelly or whatever you prefer

Left over dinner

Fruit salad with muesli and honey and a protein shake

Eat whatever you want just fit it into your calories and macro nutrients
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    :o hope i never get bored of eggs. I mostly have cereal, but I suppose you could mix it up with fruit and yoghurt :)
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, spinach and tomatos. Yummm... not just for breakfast!
  • Whambam087
    Options
    A Greek yogurt parfait. Plain greek yogurt mixed with granola, berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
  • jtsutcliff
    Options
    I drink Shakeology every morning. It's not a protein shake. It's like 5 servings of vegetables in one drink. And it's super yummy!!
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The pancakes from my profile pic! :)
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a banana flavored cream of wheat packet with half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a big handful of frozen blueberries, and a spoonful of peanut butter. So goood!

Usually my go to's are chobani with granola or sunflower seeds, a bagel thin with a bit of cream cheese, nooch and lots of veggies, etc.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Any flavor of yogurt with a serving of any kind of dry cereal it is actually super good and filling. (I personally add nothing more, no syrup etc) and keep in mind you do not have to have 'breakfast' food for breakfast! You can have leftover dinner, a sandwich, soup, salad...whatever you like!
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese with in-season fruit. Love it with berries. The protein makes it especially good (cereal also don't keep me full until lunch) and it's easy to take on the go if needed.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am not a big cereal lover, but I love a couple of Weetabix with a thick protein shake over the top
    Greek yogurt with mixed nuts
    cottage cheese with honey and cinnamon
    I put steamed veggies in a blender with my eggs, chop/blend it all and cook in microwave for 2 mins
    or just anything. No reason you have to have a traditional type breakfast meal in the morning, just eat whatever you fancy that is healthy and fits your macros.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    The good news is, you can eat absolutely anything for breakfast. For example, I'm having split pea soup this morning. There are no rules for what you must eat for breakfast. My only suggestion would be to make it rich in fiber & protein. That'll fill you up until lunch, but have a healthy snack available just in case you need it.

Wishing you the best!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    New Breakfast Oatmeal today: 1 cup oatmeal, and than I added 1/2 packet sugar free / fat free banana pudding to it. Thick, flavorful, only 50 extra calories.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    left overs from the night before ??? Breakfast doesn`t have to be about just breakfast items.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I make no-oatmeal:

1/2 a banana
    1 egg
    Tablespoon of almond butter
    Splash of almond milk
    Cinnamon, chopped nuts, raisins, whatever else you want - optional

I throw this all in a little tupperware, and when I get to work, I mash it all up with a fork and microwave/stir for 30 second intervals until it's cooked through but not dried out. It tastes like banana bread oatmeal.
  • julesderamos
    julesderamos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    English muffins with a dollup of ( greek yogurt+dijon mustard and dried herbs if your choice) with tomatoes scallions and a sharp cheddard cheese on top s/p to taste. Steel cut or rolled oat cooked in almond milk with cinnamon and a grated or cubed apple in it. Good old pb sandwich with a banana. Pancakes Yogourt with fruits on the side and a toast or half bagel or english muffin ... How do you make your eggs?

When I also have time I make myself some breakfast bars. Check out the site ohsheglows.com it is mainly a vegan website but she has many recipe that are amazing. she has a recipe for oatmeal squares that are so filling you'll love it I'm sure.
  • lina_romo
    lina_romo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just did this this morning and it was amazing.... Kinda sweet but I have a sweet tooth so I loved it ahha. I took a 100g banana, 100g of light cottage cheese, and a teaspoon of maple syrup.. mashed them together and BOOM! So good! It ended up being only 198 calories too
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Slice of wholewheat toast with peanut butter and a banana slice on top at home (about 6am) followed by a small protein shake before I get to work (just before 8am). Usually keeps me going until lunch! :)
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toast, and a banana . YUMM
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal fill me up the best. I put cinnamon, 1.5 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, and raisins in mine.