Nightime Energy Burst... What's that all about?!

FemininGuns
FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey peeps!

I get up at 5:30am to run/lift weights. Some days are really draggy (like Tuesday & Wednesday) and they stay like that until after work. Then, I get home and around 530pm I feel like I could run a marathon, and feel like that until I force myself to get to bed around 9:30pm. On days that I feel great in the am, like today, I will be able to sustain this energy throughout the day until I go to bed (without feeling I have to force myself to bed).

So here's a little background: Friday night went to bed around 11, Saturday went to bed around 2am and got up around 8 to go running, Sunday night went to bed at midnight and got up at 730 to go lift weights and High intensity cardio... Grant it I didn't all my 5 meals on Saturday and Sunday... Just wondering if anyone would have any tips on why this happens - this is the second week in a row...

Thanks & Cheers!

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    That's a GREAT problem to have.
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    It sounds like you go to bed around 11pm - 2am on the weekends. And you go to bed at 9.30 on weekdays?

You may be throwing your rhythms off. Try going to bed at the same time every day regardless of weekday/weekend.

Don't wear sunglasses before noon. The more light your eyes get in the morning, the more they will want to sleep at night.

You're natural rhythm may just be late night. I know mine is. I hate doing mornings. My day is set back on Pacific time even though I live on the east coast.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Inconsistency. You sleep at different times, and eat at different times. Your blood suger is also probably spiking and dropping based on what and when you eat. As long as you stay inconsistent your body will react inconsistently.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Thanks for your feedback! You have all supported what I originally thought (but was hoping maybe not) to be the problem: INCONSISTENCY! LOL I will have to work on that.
This discussion has been closed.