scale?!?

Options
i currently do not own a scale. so i have just kind of been judging by measurements and clothing. i do weigh myself when i get to my moms( so i would estimate at least 2 times a amonth) should i invest and own a scale or doesn't it really matter? i mean i am not really obsessed with hitting a certain number, but i am afraid that if i would own a scale i may become more obsessed. but it seems that everyone on here goes by weigh ins.

Replies

• wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i currently do not own a scale. so i have just kind of been judging by measurements and clothing. i do weigh myself when i get to my moms( so i would estimate at least 2 times a amonth) should i invest and own a scale or doesn't it really matter? i mean i am not really obsessed with hitting a certain number, but i am afraid that if i would own a scale i may become more obsessed. but it seems that everyone on here goes by weigh ins.
  • MrsTot7
    MrsTot7 Posts: 9
    Options
    It is really based on your goals, I have a scale that I use just about every morning. I know that sounds a bit obsessive but, I only weigh daily so I can get a good start to my day. If I am up a pound or so I add about 10 minutes to my walk. If down a little I pat myself on the back for what I have accomplished. I do only input my weight once a week, regardless of what it says. I am really not into measuring myself, so that method would not work for me but it might be your way of keeping track of your progress. Then if you monitor your measurements weekly and your loss bi-weekly it could e a good way of keeping track, on your terms. Hope this helps. Good luck
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    I hate the scale! The scale is EVIL!!!

HOWEVER, that said, I went YEARS without weighing myself and ended up gaining about 35 pounds. It slowly creeps up on you and year after year your pant size crawls upward and before you know it you're in the double digits and don't know how you got there.

Three years ago I joined Weight Watchers, shed the 35 pounds and now weigh myself REGULARLY to keep myself in check. Sometimes I'm a bit too obsessive - I'll admit. I weigh myself just about every day (Weight Watchers encourages you to just weigh yourself once a week). But at least I can nip weight gain in the bud before it gets out of control.

Regarding measuring - weighing is just easier. I never seem to be able to accurately measure myself in the same place every time. I like going by the number on the scale and the fit of my clothes.

So I'd say...buy a scale. But use it wisely. Don't let it dictate your good days or bad days. But let it be a guide to help you stay on track and stick to your goals!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    When I had a scale, I was obsessed.
    Now, I don't touch one. I'm petrified of it actually.

I think that its good that you don't have one, but you can still watch your progress by using your mother's scale. That way you aren't on it daily asking yourself why you're up or down but you still know where your numbers lie.
    :flowerforyou: