SOOOO TIRED!!!

Options
Since a few days after starting on this site, with the new diet, and exercise.. I seem to be sooo tired.. I'm all of a sudden sleeping like 10-12hrs a night. Going to be between 8pm-10pm at night, or napping during the day.. Shouldn't I be having MORE energy and not less? I am completely drained.. :( Any advice?

Replies

• pink_butterfly
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I do have Fibro, and have been pushing myself pretty hard.. (very determined to lose this weight).. Now the Fibro is new to me as it used to be just 4 diff kinds of inflammatory arthritis.. Maybe that has soemthing to do with it? Hmmm..
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if you are eating enough protien during the day and especially after your workouts. Also are you drinking enough water. After about 2 months of my new workout routine and diet change I had the same issue, I found I wasn't eating enough protien and I was pushing myself too hard. I cut back on some of the intensity of the workouts (a little less cardio and a little more strength training) I added more lean protiens to my diet and now all is much better. Just a suggestion.
    Thanks
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just one note, less calories = less energy, because calories give you energy. I'm not really sure what you should do. Maybe you should try to get more carbs in your diet. I mean, good carbs like whole grains, breads, etc.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just one note, less calories = less energy, because calories give you energy. I'm not really sure what you should do. Maybe you should try to get more carbs in your diet. I mean, good carbs like whole grains, breads, etc.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think anything that is autoimmune/inflammatory can wear you out. I have Dermatomyositis an am exhausted most of the time. I'm having to do a second round of steroids because my muscle pain came back so it's been hard. Once my muscles feel better here in the next week or so, I'm going to hit my workouts as hard as my body will let me. I tired of fighting the gains from the meds and hope to get a jump start this time around to stave off any new gains.

Good luck and stick with it! We CAN do this.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a while for the body to adjust to the changes we make. If your energy doesn't improve for 3 weeks of eating healthy and exercising - something else may be the underlying issue... You may want to talk with your doc.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your diet is but make sure you get at least 1200 cals. a day and eat plenty of protein for energy while exercising. Eating your exercise cals. will help give you energy if you're not eating those. Good luck!
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    Thanks everyone..

And yes, I just got done having a bad wave of the Fibro, and then thats when i hit exercising and this diet good..

Maybe i am making the mistake of not eating my exercise cals..

Maybe I will take it down a notch.. See if that helps :)