Hips and Elbows/Popping and Cracking During workouts?

TheNewJessieMae
TheNewJessieMae Posts: 767
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
When I do Tae Bo- I can't seem to get my leg very high because my hips are popping and "grinding" almost. And when I lift weights it seems that my elbows do it too.....
Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I'm just worried that if I continue to do it-that I will cause permanent damage. But I can't quit exercising.

Replies

• bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    I would maybe call your doctor's office and talk to them. Sometimes they can tell you over the phone to either watch it or supplements BUT it might be a good thing just to go in and have it checked out. Sounds like you might have some cartilage problems (but I'm NO doctor). You've got the right mindset, just make sure you do it correctly.

Good luck....:flowerforyou:

BTW......I just noticed that the shirt you have on in your pic, I have it in black and white. Nice tastes. :wink:
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    My elbows often pop when I do bicep curls-- it doesn't hurt, but it's loud! I read somewhere that it's harmless, so I don't worry about it. Not sure about the hips, though...'grinding' sounds like a different problem. If it hurts, I'd probably get it checked out.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Does it hurt when they pop? Lots of our joints talk to us, it doesn't mean anything bad, unless it is painful. Then I would talk to your doctor, might be some degenerative changes going on...glucosamine and chondroitin could help with that...
  • No it doesn't hurt when it does it. Just worries me. So I guess it just happens huh?
  • BTW summerblunden~ I absolutely LOVE your signature.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    If it hurts I would definately talk to your doc. The "grinding" isn't a good thing. also, when you work out check your positions when lifting weights etc. You may be doing something incorrectly and you just need to correct your form. If you have a trainer or someone at your gym that could assist it might be a good idea.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    No it doesn't hurt when it does it. Just worries me. So I guess it just happens huh?

Yup, it just happens. :) If it starts to hurt, or feel unstable or anything like that, go to the doc, but for right now, I would say you're probably ok. :)
This discussion has been closed.