question about how much to exercise

Options
I usually workout about five days a week. I do 45 minutes of strength training and 45-60 minutes of cardio. I haven't lost much weight in a while. I eat pretty healthy. I don't always get my diary entered, but I pretty much go by the calories that MFP sets for me. I am wondering if my body is getting use to this amount of exercise? Should I not do so much on certain days, and than kick it up on other days?

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing the same exercises for?

Normally every 3-4 months you should change your weight program especially to help "shock" your muscles and prevent a 'plateau'...
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    honestly.... i realized that when I was exercising 6 days a week I was actually gaining weight... but it was kinda guilty exercising, which would leave me hungry and tired out. I hardly eat junk, but I would fill up on healthy stuff, which still makes you gain.
    Exercise is a wonderful thing, but weight loss really depends on how much food you injest. guilty exercise is not a good thing. I now keep the gym to every other day, but I do abs everyday
  • mrkristin
    Options
    Silly question, but your ticker states you lost 40lbs, when was the last time you let MFP re-calculate you're calories?

You may also want to take a break from the gym for a week, but be active other ways. Instead of hitting bike or treadmill go take hike.

And everything that's already been said (mix up routine, "shock system", etc ...)