healthy eating & exercise 4-5 days a week...gained 1.2 lbs?

Options
Started working out this month. I've been eating healthier for a more then a year now and have lost a total of 47 pounds. I have now added exercise to my daily routine and do cardio for about 1 hour to 1 & 1\2 hours every time I go to the gym (4-5 days a week). I'm eating about 1200 calories a day and drink a ton of water. I've only just started taking measurements so I can't see results from that yet. Please help...I'm feeling frustrated by the scale going up when I'm working so hard to see it go down.
My start weight was 203 a year ago and now I am at 156. I am 5'3 and a 30 year old mother of 2. My ultimate goal is 135 but I would love to be in the 120's eventually. Maybe about 128? PLEASE TELL ME I CAN DO THIS AND TELL ME IF I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG?!?!?!?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If you just started exercising, you could very well just be retaining some extra water.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The true test if you should worry about gaining weight or anyone who frets over the scales, is the reality check of your waist size. Who in the world cares how much they weigh if they are fitting into the clothes size they know is right for them and their waist size is where they feel great. Ask yourself are your clothes getting looser or tighter? Now upper chest for men or arms getting big from muscle is obvious in the mirror. Look in the mirror are you getting more defined? The scale is good for general reference but BMI is total stupid because everyone has different muscle mass and bone mass. The truth is in the mirror.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe you lost 47 lbs and never seen the scale go up at certain times.. you should have patience by now..
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • eatdrnknbhlthy30
    Options
    Yes I have but I thought with adding the exercise and not cheating with my food at all that I would not see it go up, that's all.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    HAHA I love how this is a standard post for you. You must just copy and paste into every thread.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

HAHA I love how this is a standard post for you. You must just copy and paste into every thread.

Not sure why that's a problem. It's a solid, information filled post that TONS of people have found helpful.

Haters gonna hate...:yawn:
  • Fassopony
    Options
    I have lost weigth with diet before, as fat as I am it just dropped off. I started 3 weeks ago, this time with working out, and the dang scale barely budged. Week 2 (just last week!) I stayed at 244 all dang week. Finally Saturday then Sunday I dropped 2.5 pounds. I peed all day. ALL DAY. Yesterday I peed all day (I think my coworkers thought I wore out the floor traipsing back and forth to the restroom LOL!), now I am down 2 more. 10 pounds on the nose since I started as of this morning.

I barely made it through week 2 though, I felt like my body had taken over and was just not going to lose at all. I think I threatened on here to take a hammer to my scale! I dropped f bombs even.

So, hang on, it will happen!