Is it impossible to lose 1 kg/week at my height and weight?

Options
I was giving a quick look to my food goals and I've found out that, even being at 1200 kcals allowed per day, I am not meant to lose 1 kg per week, but only 0.6 kgs. This is not what I am aiming for, but I can't decrease my calories to less than 1200, obviously. My TDEE (calculated by MFP) is 1810 kcals, which means that to lose 1 kg per week I should be eating like 800 kcals? I guess it's impossible for someone with my height and weight to lose 1 kg a week then, since my TDEE is already so low? I don't know what to do, I've still got 4 kgs to lose and I really don't want it to take a few months, I was already there before Christmas, and it's not a lot of weight so I want it gone quickly. I now weight 69 kgs (probably a bit less, should be weighin in on Sat-Sun), my goal weight is 65 kgs (at least for now), I am 165 cms tall and 22 of age. I put my activity level to sedentary and I usually eat back most of my exercise calories, since my goal is already so low. I can open up my diary if someone wants to have a look, but it's not really much about what I am eating, but how much should I eat to lose a certain weight. I am also trying my first strenght exercising but I'm not very trained, so I'm not burning many calories with it.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I've still got 4 kgs to lose and I really don't want it to take a few months

Cabbage or Werewolf diet should help you.. but you will just gain it back.. If your looking for a quick fix, you will just fail again and end up back here.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't want a quick diet that makes me lose 2 kgs of water weight in 1 week and I still want to eat every kind of nutrient. I am not saying that I want this weight off in less than a month, but considering that 4 kgs is really not much, I don't even want it to take like 2 or 3 months.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix, sorry. Gaining weight is easy, losing it take patience and dedication.

We're talking about 4kg here.. the closer you are to your goal weight the longer it takes. Normally at that point you should aim to lose about 0.2kg per week... (0.5lbs a week)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix, sorry. Gaining weight is easy, losing it take patience and dedication.

We're talking about 4kg here.. the closer you are to your goal weight the longer it takes. Normally at that point you should aim to lose about 0.2kg per week... (0.5lbs a week)

I know it takes time and dedication, since it took me almost 2 years to lose 14 kgs. I wasn't always losing the same amount of weight and just considering the last Christmas vacations I gained a few kgs, but I still think I could have managed to lose much more weight in almost 2 years.

Anyway, the point is that if I had to lose 0.2 kgs per week, it would take 5 months to lose 4 kgs. Which seems definitely too much to me. I am not in a hurry but, as I previously said, I was already at 66 kgs before Christmas, so it's not like I've been that far from my goal. It shouldn't be that hard to lose weight just because I'm close to my goal, especially because my goal is higher than my ideal weight. At 65 kgs I am just 3 kgs far from the overweight range.