Juicing/Detox/Cleanse

Options
Does anybody have any drink recipes for a 3 day cleanse. I think this is what I need to get things started.

Thanks!

Replies

• Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    okay thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I like to hear all views.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_md0dm7Nuke1r7i0np.gif
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You don't need a "cleanse" to "get things started". You need to eat less and move more, in simple terms. If you want to cut junk and eat "clean", stick with lean proteins, fruits and veggies. If you feel like you need to try to break some habits or addictions, look into something like the Whole30, which is a very restrictive diet, but you're still eating, and learning about hunger cues. After that, you can gradually add foods back into your diet and use what you've learned to stay in a deficit. But, in all honesty, you don't "need" anything like that, physically, although it can be mentally helpful for some. Anything you lose on a 3 day "detox" is going to be water, and you haven't actually changed any of the habits that made you gain in the first place. Creating healthier habits is the key to losing weight and keeping it off.
  • Julia6633
    Julia6633 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did this one:
    http://skinnyms.com/three-day-cleanse-detox/

Worked great! The hardest part was no caffeine. I don't crave sweets like before and I'm eating more veggies now.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need help cleansing and it does need protein and fat, which you won't get on detoxing/cleansing diets. However, juicing can be a good way to incorporate larger amounts of fruits and veggies into your diet, as a snack or maybe a breakfast or lunch. Look up recipes for green smoothies; you'll find hundreds of them.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any drink recipes for a 3 day cleanse. I think this is what I need to get things started.

Thanks!

So what is it that you wanna ''cleanse'' exactly?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Not worth it at all.

tumblr_lzv5phuO5q1rqpy0ao1_500_large.gif