I'd rather be over on my sugar...

Options
...than eat or drink artificial sweetener. Am I the only one who feels this way?

ETA: not because of all the ~science~, just because I'd rather have real stuff.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone. I'm not a fan of sweeteners. Will drink them in the occassional diet soda or 0 calorie vitamin water but I don't add them to coffee anymore and I really dislike the taste of them in baked goods or the like.

I don't even track my sugar. As long as you don't have a medical problem that requires you to limit intake, there's no need to really worry about it, especially if you mostly eat natural sources (fruits, veg) and don't go overboard with added sugars
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone. I'm not a fan of sweeteners. Will drink them in the occassional diet soda or 0 calorie vitamin water but I don't add them to coffee anymore and I really dislike the taste of them in baked goods or the like.

I don't even track my sugar. As long as you don't have a medical problem that requires you to limit intake, there's no need to really worry about it, especially if you mostly eat natural sources (fruits, veg) and don't go overboard with added sugars

Yeah, I don't track it either, I just notice it when checking my protein, carbs, and other good stuffs. They just leave such a nasty aftertaste..like for example at Starbucks. The "skinny" drinks with the sugar-free syrups taste like crap because they have splenda or whatever in them. I just prefer to get a 2 pump nonfat no whip whatever, figuring that a little bit of extra sugar is not going to kill me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    It basically ruins the food experience for me.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I like both, myself. Only because I can save calories with diet drinks and artificial sweetener on my coffee. .. Calories I can use on ice cream! ;)