18 months 163 lbs GONE!!

Options

Replies

• Alaskasloss
    Alaskasloss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! I'm just starting out on my weightless journey and I'm existed to get rid of all of this extra weight stories like this truly are inspirational.

70658863.png
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    felling great 185 lbs gone Morbid obese gone! 2 years and counting and going to start a new part time job super excited!!
  • larsen626
    Options
    I finally hit a long goal that I wanted I weighed less than my husband last week weigh in I have always out weighed him!!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! I'm so proud of you for not giving up! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You are truly inspirationa! I wish you the best in you journey to bettering yourself! :happy:
  • larsen626
    Options
    thanks to all who fell I am an inspiration I am just trying to become healthy and I feel good about what I have done but not sure that its inspiring or not
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    thanks to all who fell I am an inspiration I am just trying to become healthy and I feel good about what I have done but not sure that its inspiring or not

It is - sometimes you're starting so far back in the tunnel that you can't see the light at the end, and sometimes it feels like that light might not even be there. So, basically - you're the light! :) Congratulations on reaping the rewards of your hard work and dedication.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Can't wait to see your 24 month picture! Keep pushing! :)
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud!! Congratulations! I loved your story and how you found something that you had inside you all along.
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! You are an inspiration!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • rachelesmfp
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I started my Journey in July of 2012 when I attended an informational session for bariatric surgery. I had struggled with my weight all my adult life I have always been the big girl. I wanted help but never knew what to do. I had been using weight watchers for 3 years and walking a mile a day for most of those 3 years. I never lost any weight but managed to gain 30 lbs. I got the consult with the surgeon on July 17th weighing in at the heaviest I had ever been at 400 lbs with a bmi of 73.3! The surgeon had told me that I had to lose 50 lbs to be eligible to have surgery do to the fact that your liver needed to shrink. I went away from this appointment devastated depressed and overwhelmed. How was I ever going to lose that much weight? I started to cry and think if I could lose the weight on my own why would I be asking for help. I even had a dr I only saw for a short time tell me if he wired my jaw shut I would lose the weight. This was frustrating. I had a friend who said that he was losing weight with My Fitness Pal I had never heard of it but anything was better than nothing and the fact that I was killing myself! I started using it told me to eat 2500 calories so I ate 1500 the first 2 weeks I felt starved I cried and wanted to quit. I had lost no weight and said I was not going to live like this. I did not give up and it got easier and I did start to lose weight slowly. I feel great I weigh 237 I am wearing a size 16-18 I realize this is still a plus size but it is amazing! I began this weighing in at 400lbs and wearing a 34-36 and t-shirt size 6X I now can wear a xl comfortably who knew I could do it Guess what not me!! I had to re learn to eat and what worked for me I had so much fun this past year surprising people with my weight loss! I hope that in the next year I can lose what I remaining weight I have to lose 87 lbs to my personal goal. This will be in Overweight according to the BMI But I was in super morbid obesity when I started with BMI of 73.2 I need to lose 19 lbs to say goodbye to morbid obesity today my BMI is 43.3 a difference of almost 30 which is normal BMI so I have lost a normal person. I will continue on this Journey to see where it leads I have been happy with the progress up to this point. I am thankful to all that have assisted me and supported me been there for me cheered for me cried with me thanks

?sort=3&page=1
    So proud of you!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are a great example of what is possible! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    Excellent work!!! You are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just...wow. Thank you so much for sharing your story and being so honest! I, too, (at the advice of my doctor) was told I needed to go to the bariatric surgery consult. I went, my insurance pre-approved the procedure 100% but I could not bring myself to get excited about it. I had several friends who have gone that route and one of them almost died from complications of surgery and one of them has been very sick ever since, and gained all of the weight (plus more) back. I found MFP by accident and I have struggled a few times, but I think I am finally in a good place in my life where I can do this. I'm so proud of your success and I can't wait to be able to post my success story on the board as well.

Good luck with the remainder of your journey, you look wonderful :heart:
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!
  • larsen626
    Options
    transposed my BMI from 73 to 37!!
  • larsen626
    Options
    my words for today those who feel like it is impossible I felt that way in the beginning :) I now see a dream coming true!!!
  • larsen626
    Options
    I want to thank everyone who thinks that I am inspiring I just feel like its a dream come true! I am not accepting friend requests at this time I want to encourage others but feel like I had to many friends and a lot who are not logging or encouraging others that is what this is 4!!
  • larsen626
    Options
    Still at 207 may just be where I will be but so happy where I am at
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!