Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cardio Suggestions

So for the past month I've been mainly doing Zumba, because it's what I own and it's fun. But I'm afraid my body will get used to the dances and it will no longer help me lose weight. I have 35 pounds to go and I'm trying to get it gone by June, so I was hoping for some input. It's been in the negatives temperature wise so I haven't been able to go running, plus it's dark when I get home from work. So any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Good morning!

Good job! 35 pounds is not that much left to lose. I would advise that your get rid of that time limit of June to lose those pounds, though. As you get closer to your goal, weight loss slows down, which is exactly what you want it to do. It has taken me nine months to lose 37 pounds.

The only required to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn. Exercise is just an extra that helps you to tone up, feel good, and look good, an it also allows you to eat more. In other words, it's not the exercise that is making you lose weight, it is the calorie deficit.

As far as cardio, you can do what you want for as long as you want. Just enjoy yourself!
  • You may wanna try FitnessBlender via youtube or FitnessBlender.com