belly burner belt!!

Options
hey has anybody tried the belly burner belt just wanna know before i give these people my credit card number for a gimik !!

Replies

• CelticWarrior
    Options
    anything that involves u doing nothing is a gimmick in my opinion , I know this because I got really big from doing nothing :)
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    anything that involves u doing nothing is a gimmick in my opinion , I know this because I got really big from doing nothing :)

Best advice I have ever heard.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, sorry, this product is bunk. There's no medical science behind it. I've done plenty of research on "slimming" tools, haven't found one yet that works (besides nutrition and exercise that is).
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    i was not getting it just to sit down with it i know i have to exercise but u wrap it aroud ur belly and it makes u sweat more and burn more calories while ur working out !!
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    i was not getting it just to sit down with it i know i have to exercise but u wrap it aroud ur belly and it makes u sweat more and burn more calories while ur working out !!

Honestly, I think your better off leaving that alone , keep doing what your doing it is working fine. There is no quick fix , you wanna sweat more and burn more calories faster push harder 20-30 seconds every 1-2 minutes during your work out and this don't cost a thing.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make you burn more calories. It makes you lose water weight, which gets replaced every time you drink water.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

this is incorrect. Sweating more does not = burning more calories. The reason why you sweat more under a belt is because more excess body heat is trapped, raising the local body temperature, thus triggering the sweat response. Sweat is a result of the body's need to cool off, which normally is in conjunction to harder exercise (or stress, or sickness, or any time our body heats up), but does not result in it higher calorie burn. In other words, just because you sweat more, doesn't mean you burn any more calories. If you're body is sufficiently cooling itself then you won't sweat as much. Take for an example running at say 80% max heart rate on a treadmill in a gym where it's 75 degrees and a bit muggy (as most gyms are), as opposed to running at the same heart rate level outside on a cool fall day, if you were to actively monitor your sweat production, you'd see that you indeed sweat much less outside, but that doesn't mean you didn't work just as hard (in fact, probably harder because of wind resistance and inclines).

It's a company playing on half truths, it's rampant in the exercise industry. Be very wary of products that claim "amazing" results, people are desperate, and really WANT to believe it's true, in most cases it's not.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options

Best advice!
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    thanks for the info guys i wont buy it !