Something Must be Wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• brad2021hk
    Options
    I can see from your profile that you intend to lose 70 pounds. Just to level set, that's going to take like 2 years to do properly. Maybe about 50 pounds this year and the last 20 next year. Somewhere in that ballpark.

The first few weeks are hard. A couple things happen. Getting used to the new calorie intake can make you hungry a lot. Depending on what you've been eating prior to dieting, you could be really hungry. It takes a few weeks for that to get better. You tend to have some swings in body weight and a lot of inconsistency. If you're working out for the first time in a while or upping intensity, muscles will retain some water. This may be some of the tightness you're feeling in your clothing.

Best bet is to pick your target calories and work towards hitting it over a couple weeks. Setup a workout routine that you can sustain. If you think you can workout 3 days per week for the foreseeable future, why try to shoot for 6-7 days per week. Not realistic and you're going to yo-yo. Stick with it for a month and get used to it. Just ignore the scale for a few weeks. Then everything will stabilize.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    This is also not a joke, really. If I've just started doing this, and figured maybe I could lose even a pound in the first week and haven't, I'd like to have suggestions about it. It's always nice to learn new information about dieting and being healthy, especially when I don't know much about it to begin with.

Then read this link and all of the links in it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1#posts-16625920
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Oh, and another thing. Is that 1200 calories before or after eating back your exercise calories? Because if it's before then you aren't eating enough either. Your body needs fuel to function and if you don't give it enough it will hold onto everything you do give it.
  • jessicamae0731
    Options
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If you just started working out it might be that you developed muscles that weigh more than fat! Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? To lose weight you need to eat above your BMR and below your TDEE. If you eat below your BMR it is harmful for your body and it will hang on to the fat!
    Best of luck
    Stef.

She has not gained one gram of muscle eating 1200 calories a day and working out.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?

Agree. Seriously? Let me guess you are in your very early 20's? A week? You need to relax and realize things don't happen over night---surprise!

If you've started working pretty vigorously and that's new then it's very possible that you are retaining water. Just calm down and give it some more time for your body to aclimate to the changes your are throwing at it.

Hey now. Some of us in our very early twenties didn't expect much in our first week. Me, for example. :grumble:
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Open diary or no comment and will just assume you are actually eating 2800 calories per day.