HRM cal burn....BMR......tdee....Im confused, help!

Options
hi everyone..... I know what my BMR is,I know what my tdee is, I eat below my tdee, I recently got a polar FT4 HRM, I used it yesterday on a normal non-workout day to see how many cals i am "approximately" burning and i had a total of 1,100 cals, my BMR is 1537 and my tdee is 2,373, i usually eat around 1,600......seems about right? So what cal burn is my HRM detecting if my BMR is at 1537? Sorry, im just confused and need clarity lol

thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your heart rate monitor is not going to be accurate for anything other than steady state cardio. The reading for a non-workout day means nothing, unfortunately.
  • FitTigress14
    Options
    Thanks! any help is appreciated! :-)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Your heart rate monitor is not going to be accurate for anything other than steady state cardio. The reading for a non-workout day means nothing, unfortunately.

Exactly. And according to your ticker, if you only have between 20-30 pounds to lose, I would go with TDEE-15%. Or, you could stick with the 1600 calories. It seems like a reasonable number to start with. Have you not been losing weight at that number?

ETA: If you want to get something that tracks your calories burned throughout the day, a FitBit is an excellent device for that.
  • FitTigress14
    Options

Exactly. And according to your ticker, if you only have between 20-30 pounds to lose, I would go with TDEE-15%. Or, you could stick with the 1600 calories. It seems like a reasonable number to start with. Have you not been losing weight at that number?

ETA: If you want to get something that tracks your calories burned throughout the day, a FitBit is an excellent device for that.

Very helpful info, thank you, ive been losing weight just by eating below my tdee, usually at 1,600 a day, im aiming for over 20+ more to lose