Hopefully it will happen this time.

Options
I have started a diet everyday his month and failed, though this time I am committed with the use of mfp. I am currently 225 lb and want to lose about 40 lb. I am really determined as I feel unhealthy. Hope it works.

Replies

• MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It will work. Say that instead of hopefully. It WILL. This is your chance! Seize it! I've lost 85 pounds from my heaviest and 65 of that in the last year with MFP. Get some friends on here and just do it! I went from 240 to 155 since my youngest was born. I'm constantly finding new goals and motivation to keep going for my last 8-10 pounds. I just decided I was not going to see my 26th birthday as an overweight person. And I'm headed for February 17, 2014 as an average BMI and muuuuuch lower body fat percentage with the help of calorie counting and exercise.
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Hi there,
    You can do this. It will not be easy but you can do it. Stay positive. Don't think of your failures. Think of your accomplishment of joing MFP. I am 220 pounds and have started so many flipp'n diets. I have been on MFP twice before and here I am for the third time. I just started again this Monday. It has been hard but I have kept my calories where they should be. Be positive and be strong.
    If you would like you can add me as a friend. :)
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do because if I can,, anyone can. I procrastinated for many years then when I hit 50 i decided to do something for ME. I lost 57 lbs in 2 years but gained back 14 thinking I could go back to my old ways.

Now I don't look at it as a diet but a new way of eating. Something I know I have to do for the rest of my life. We stopped eating prepackaged food and now try to stick to whole "real" foods. Surprisingly once you get going it is actually cheaper and easier to do and you will feel so much better, Losing weight in the process is the extra bonus ! Oh and avoid sugar at all costs.

I use lots of spices which i never did before and look up new recipes every day. I LOVE the internet for that. And you will start to crave healthy foods too. I cannot give up dairy or carbs or meat because I feel every food group is needed in moderation but I have slowly cut down on portions. Change one thing at a time and once you are comfortable with that try something else. For instance. first thing i did was omit sugar from my coffee. Cannot drink it black, tried, so just add a little milk. Then each week or two I tried a new food whether it was a fruit or a vegtable.

My new motivation is " There are 7 days in a week and none of them are Someday"

Take your time, don't get upset if one day isn't as good as you hoped, and keep on trying. You will be surprised what YOU can do.
  • Flourisher
    Flourisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I really know that I can do it. What do I do in terms of support? I know I do better when people are there with me. How do I get the pounds ticker at the bottom of my threads too?
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OP - go to Apps at the top of the screen, then click Ticker...and MFP will pretty much do the rest!