Very new at all this. O.O

Options
Feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've been thinking about joining a gym because of all this cold weather we've been having. My original thought was to walk at the park, but I'm NOT doing that at 20F. I just really didn't want to spend money on this if I could avoid it. :grumble:

I'm also trying to figure out the healthy cooking thing on a very restricted budget. I only have $100 for food a month for two people, and let's face it, neither one of us is a lightweight. I usually focus on staples, meat, cheese and canned vegetables. I buy those $.28 soup cups for my lunch at work so I'm not eating the DQ food.

Finally, DH thinks being fat is a state of mind, so he's not, and can therefore eat whatever he wants. In front of me. Very discouraging.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It's cold here too! I use the Internet for free workout videos. YouTube has tons, and Fitnessblender is also one of my favorites.

As for the budget:
    -Learn to cook with dried beans. Great source of protein and very cheap. Homemade soups are a great way to use them.
    -Eggs are one of the cheapest forms of protein. Omelets for dinner are always fun.
    -Those ramen noodles... Ditch them. Again, make your own soup! Make a huge pot and freeze in individual portions.
    -Do you live near a city with ethnic markets? The fresh veggies and fruit at the Asian market are dirt cheap.
    -Plant a vegetable garden this spring if you can. Even if you have room for just a few pots, you can get a nice yield of beans, cherry tomatoes, etc. Gardening is easy to learn.

Take some time to google "healthy cooking on a budget" and do some research. There are so many good tips and recipes out there!