Exercise ideas- desk job

Options
I work at a laboratory & am constantly at my desk working on my computer. I take 2 breaks and a lunch where I go on walks and do stairs constantly but I feel like that's not enough. Any ideas on how I can do small workouts at my desk? I already have an exercise ball I switch out for a chair.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I try to walk around the office once an hour or so, more for my sanity than exercise. You could get up and do 10 squats every hour on the hour or wall push-ups or something. I do a dedicated workout every morning before work, so I don't really try to get in anything I'd consider a 'workout" throughout the day,.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This isn't a lot and it may not apply to you, but when I have to make copies , when I am at the copier I do wall sits. My co-workers think I am crazy but it is something. I also try to run outside of my office right after work when the weather is nice.
  • jadetigereyes
    jadetigereyes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I'm siting at my desk I try to remember to sit up straight to activate my abs, and maybe do sets of squeezes every hour or so. I get up and stretch every hour (I try to, anyway), and do lunges or squats in my cube. It gets my blood flowing and releases some of the tension I have in my upper body from typing on a keyboard all day.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
  • ashadowreflected
    ashadowreflected Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What about an under desk foot pedeler?

Definitely this^ I have one under my desk at work and burn 600 calories or more through out the day on it. There is a detachable timer on mine and I keep it on the desk so I can time and log it.
  • samanthaxparry
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you all! I appreciate it.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Stand up and do squats or lunges. You can also do modified pushups on the edge of your desk (so you don't have to get down on the floor). If you want to get your blood flowing a little, sometimes when I find myself yawning at my desk, I'll do deep squats with my arms to my side, when I squat down I bend my arms in and when I stand up and straighten my arms out and come up on my toes... doing that continously for a minute or two will get your heart rate up a little and get the blood flowing.