Pasta Calories! Help!

Options
Im having a bit of an issue and getting very confused with the calories in pasta...
Cooked weight vs uncooked weight etc

Asda wheat free/gluten free fusilli on the packed says per 100g (boiled) 171 calories
When i scan the barcode with the app, it then says 100g cooked 356 calories.
I usually weigh out between 50g and 70g of dry pasta, I'm not sure if this is a massive amount for one person, but compared to what i used to eat before weight loss (probably 200g dry) its much better.

tonight i weighed out 75g dry, cooked, then weighed when drained, and it weighed 133g.
can anyone help with this calorie count as it is really bothering me...any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you :)

3962744.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The box of pasta usually gives the cal count based on dry pasta. You can use that as a guide when entering it here.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    350 kcal/100 g is usually the calorie count for dry pasta. Trust me, I'm italian :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Forget about weighing after it's cooked, you should always weigh dry. 2 oz's or about 60g's and 210 calories is a portion and should be around 1 cup cooked depending on the shape of the pasta.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Trust the box. You often get very inaccurate things when you scan codes here.