Looking for Friends

Options
Hey! I'm not new to fitness pal but I am new to the community part of myfitnesspal. I'm thinking if I get more friends that are actively posting and commenting on their "timeline" then maybe that will help keep me motivated.

SW:226.5
CW: 226.5
GW: 150

I'm a busy mom of a 2 year old and a wife. I work full time, carry a part time job with my husband, manage the household and care for my 2 year old. So life leaves little time for me. But I do what I can and am really striving to eat healthier and teach my son good eating habits.

Replies

• ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me ... I'm getting back at this journey with vigor this year. :) Like you, I am a working wife and mom - we have five amazing little people - and juggling everything leaves me looking like a professional clown most days!!!!

I am 5'8" and currently 234 down from my high of 247. My goal should probably be way lower than 180, but having spent a decade having kiddos, I can't even comprehend a number that low. :)

I achieved amazing success two years ago with MFP and was down nearly 50 pounds when my mother was diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. I became her primary caretaker and sent her last seven months enjoying every minute I was given to spend with her. On the weight loss front, her illness left me completely wiped out and chock full of excuses for almost a year.

Congratulations on making this start!!! It's not an easy road, but it is so very fulfilling to have the strength, stamina and energy to keep up with our little people!! :)
  • Chantilly_laced
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen. Feel free to add me! I'm also on instagram (fit_in_fourteen) and I've found that MFP and IG have kept me honest and working hard. I've found a lot of pages on IG (I HATED IG before I started working out!) that are motivational... people who have actually LOST the weight that feels like it's impossible for me to do.

I'm a registered nurse who works only nights (3-4 nights a week) and I have a very busy 16 year-old daughter who I basically raise alone (father is involved, but we're not married and daughter lives with me!)... on top of that I have friends I feel obligated to see, family I need to spend time with, and shopping/weight watchers meetings and all the other "stuff" that fills up time! I 100% feel you on the "no time to do anything" thing.

I've started going to the gym again. Last year I joined a gym for the first time and hired a personal trainer. Loved it, but "life" got in the way and I had to quit. This time I"m more determined to drop this weight and keep it off!! I agree, the more people you have as "friends" and to keep yourself honest, the easier it is to not cheat/do the time in the gym!

Add me if you wish! :) Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are busy but have some good motivation to get going! Feel free to add me, I like to stay active here :)