Time to put up or shush up!

Options
Ok. Here I go. I've been at 30 lbs lost and 50 lbs to go for too long! Now my incentive has changed. Aside from the bigger section in my closet that I can't fit in to. Now my husband has planned a trip to Hawaii! The much needed never had honeymoon . I'm in a 16-18 @ 6 foot tall.. so I Cary it better than it could be but it's no beach ready frame.

I'm going all out starting Feb 3! I will lose ten lbs the first month period. Nothing crazy, just better eating and exercise! I've done this twice. Once with my first baby and once following a deep depression. I know how to do it, my body has fantastic memory, but... I'm scared. I know have major pain issues in my back. Bulged discs, torn discs, etc.

I need more hand holders and supporters than ever!

First who will help me? Second who wants to do this with me? It's the month of love! Spring (in my area) is creeping upon us! And hello bikini bods are made in winter!

Let's do this! Who is in?!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why wait until Feb 3? Why not start today? There's no time like the present, afterall.
  • goldenopp
    Options
    I'm doing so prep, stretching and physical therapy exercise to build more strength before go time.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Doing prep won't stop you from eating at a deficit.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Doing prep won't stop you from eating at a deficit.

+1
  • goldenopp
    Options
    Nope it won't. But it will help my weakness in my back. I'd rather not drop to the floor day one. Thanks though.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Based on this post you have already failed IMO. If it's not important enough to start NOW, then what makes you think that you're going to stick to it after February third?

Rigger
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Nope it won't. But it will help my weakness in my back. I'd rather not drop to the floor day one. Thanks though.
    I'm not saying not to do your prep work for your back, I'm just saying you can eat at a deficit while "preparing" to start more strenuous exercise-no need to wait till February 3.
    On the other hand, if that's the date that's best for you, more power to you!
    You will have a wonderful time in Hawaii and look gorgeous while there!
    You can do it!!!!!
  • goldenopp
    Options
    Based on this post you have already failed IMO. If it's not important enough to start NOW, then what makes you think that you're going to stick to it after February third?

Rigger

Probably the same thing in you that you felt when you had had enough. I can't say I've failed when I haven't persisted in trying after the thirty lb loss. It's just been too long. I'm not going to fool myself either, the date isn't anything, just given me the amount of days I needed to strengthen my back before I get to it.

Maybe you all have no idea what all comes with the back issues. Doesn't really matter. I never said I've failed time and time again. Or that I over eat...just that I'm going to now make an effort. And looking for support. Thanks ;)
  • goldenopp
    Options
    Despite how this post turned out looking, I got some great supporters! You rock!