Food Prep: Talapia or Beef for wrap?

Options
I'm making my food prep list for the week and I've been really looking at my macros trying to up my protein intake.

This past week I made a pre-portioned wrap mix that I just throw onto a whole wheat tortilla wrap with some lettuce.

Here's the recipe I made this week:

Lean ground beef 50g
Tortilla
1/8 cup cottage cheese
Taco seasoning & salsa

I realized that I didn't have enough protein so this week I'm planning on doubling up the meat and cottage cheese.

But here's the thing. I also want to keep my calories low, so ground beef isn't my best choice. Do you think making this recipe with talapia would be weird.. or what?

Please dont suggest chicken breast because I already use it for another meal in the day.

Thanks

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    How about you try it and find out?
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What about ground turkey instead of ground beef?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It's a fish taco! :D Not weird at all. I also agree with ashhzach's suggestion of ground turkey.
  • Linda09189
    Options
    fish tacos are the best, I leave out the taco shell and use lettuce, cause wheat really isn't good for you
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm making my food prep list for the week and I've been really looking at my macros trying to up my protein intake.

This past week I made a pre-portioned wrap mix that I just throw onto a whole wheat tortilla wrap with some lettuce.

Here's the recipe I made this week:

Lean ground beef 50g
    Tortilla
    1/8 cup cottage cheese
    Taco seasoning & salsa

I realized that I didn't have enough protein so this week I'm planning on doubling up the meat and cottage cheese.

But here's the thing. I also want to keep my calories low, so ground beef isn't my best choice. Do you think making this recipe with talapia would be weird.. or what?

Please dont suggest chicken breast because I already use it for another meal in the day.

Thanks

Yes, cottage cheese and fish in a wrap? no thanks
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Beef. Maybe turkey. What about pork? Or, a good fish?

Pass on the Tilapia. Fish is most useful for the Omega 3s that red meats and poultry lack, but Tilapia doesnt have much to offer there.

It's also pretty cholesterol laden. Doesn't make it terrible, but it's not tasty like bacon.

They are, however, extremely cheap to raise, hardy, and you can make a lot of money simply raising them on the waste product of previously farmed fish. Clean tank and profits.