hi! I'm back

Options
Man, I just got my computer fixed. It had 1,094 viruses on it. The last time I posted on here, I was talking about whether or not you can still lose fat by just cutting calories, or do you have to change what you eat also? It is my understanding that as long as there is a calorie deficit, you will lose, but lose what? Fat, muscle, water, etc? I've read about 50 different posts on this issue, and I've received about just as many different answers. I guess no one knows for sure. From my experience, I've lost weight by eating 1200 calories a day and walking 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I ate a variety of different foods, including some junk food, and I remember that one week I showed no weight loss, so I decided to eat a very low carb dinner, which was an egg salad sandwich on one piece of 100% whole wheat bread, which totaled a whopping 9 grams of carbs, well, that next day, I was down a pound. I don't know if it was because it was due to a 1 pound loss of water, or from my body burning fat due to the decrease in carbs. Can anyone shed some light on this? Sorry for the long post and it's good to be back. I'm a 41 year old female, btw, at 194lbs. I'm 5'3 and I look my best at around 140-145lbs. Even though it was my fault for gaining weight, a severe bout of stress and depression led to the increase in a ton of junk food! Whew!