I need some encouragement... Please please please

Options
Hi guys, I have completely and utterly fallen off the wagon since Christmas and have gained back 10 pounds. I just feel so low right now and need some inspiration. Has anyone out there successfully lost weight after falling off the wagon?

I honestly feel like crying right now but know that I need to get my head back in the right space.

X

Replies

• morgans1989
    morgans1989 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    don't worry, I did too. Then came a stressful week at work and I put on another few!!! It seems like why even bother anymore? I decided to just look at it one day at a time. All my goal consists of is when I put my head on my pillow at night, being able to say I am satisfied with how I ate that day. That is my ONLY goal. I am sick of going to bed feeling like the day was a waste. If I can go to sleep satisfied with just that one very day, I feel motivated enough to push through one more day. Once I have had a few satisfactory days, I will feel more confident when I weigh in. Hope this helps! Hang in there--you are not alone.
  • vd_patterson
    vd_patterson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cry if you feel the need, but when you're done, it's time to get back in the saddle again. The best thing my daddy ever taught me was to ride a horse, and yes...I've fell of my share of wagons AND horses, and the message is always the same--Dust off your britches and git back on!

Snowy, you know you can do this. I came out of the holidays also having had gained back about half of what I had just lost, so I know exactly what you are talking about. You have already done AMAZING in that you only have 11 pounds to go before reaching your goal, so you know you can do it. So now you have my 2 cents worth, and I truly truly hope it helps.
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First of all, stop beating yourself up! I put on about 7lbs over Xmas and am now 1/2lb away from pre Xmas weight. You lost it once, you can certainly do it again!! I haven't really changed much apart from upping my water intake and eating earlier in the evening. Now I know that this doesn't work for everyone but personally I have found that over these past 2 weeks I have seen the Xmas weight drop off and I feel that this is helped by me not eating my dinner any later than 7pm. Hope this helps.

:-) X
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Start with logging what you eat - acurately and honestly. I find that just taking control of something makes me feel empowered and that I am making a difference and working toward me goals.