i need your advise on this daily menu

Options
ok, this probably sounds crazy, but here is my daily diet, or will be, maybe, depends on your input.

Breakfast= coffee with AS and full fat cream 100 calories and about 10 carbs

Lunch= pb& jelly sandwich (Jiff crunchy, regular) w/ 4 tbsp pb and 1 tbsp grape jelly (Concord grape, regular) on 100% whole wheat bread, small bag of chips, and water, which equals about 750 calories and 58 grams of carbs.

Dinner= 1 chicken breast, small serving of veggies, non-starchy, mostly broccoli, okra, or some other green veggie. Sometimes I will switch it to 2 boiled eggs smashed with mayo on one piece of 100% whole wheat bread, both of these dinners are about 300 calories each, the first one being no carb and the other one being about 9 carbs, water to drink, soooooooo, what do you think?

the daily total calorie intake is about 1200 and the carbs do not exceed 70 grams per day.
Thanks for reading this and I would love to know what you think, as I am so confused about all the misinformation out there about carbs and calories and etc.

BTW, I picked this menu because I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and frankly, I know I could never spend the rest of my life without ever eating junk food again. I'm just being realistic. Thanks, Amy

Replies

• leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would suggest more fruits and vegtables..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What about protein and fat? Don't you track those?

Anyway, if you are in a deficit you will lose weight, regardless of what you eat.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    It's very, very low on vegetables and protein. I know everybody waxes on about "all the protein" in peanut butter, but it's actually mostly a fat. (Nothing wrong with that! You just need protein too.) A single small serving of usually green veggies isn't an adequate source of the wide variety of micronutrients your body needs. Maybe switch your PB&J up to being on a sandwich thin with one or two tbsp of PB (instead of four) and swap the chips for a colorful salad with some deli meat or tuna. This would get your more protein and nutrients while still leaving you another couple hundred calories to add more veggies or have some extra protein with dinner, too.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's very, very low on vegetables and protein. I know everybody waxes on about "all the protein" in peanut butter, but it's actually mostly a fat. (Nothing wrong with that! You just need protein too.) A single small serving of usually green veggies isn't an adequate source of the wide variety of micronutrients your body needs. Maybe switch your PB&J up to being on a sandwich thin with one or two tbsp of PB (instead of four) and swap the chips for a colorful salad with some deli meat or tuna. This would get your more protein and nutrients while still leaving you another couple hundred calories to add more veggies or have some extra protein with dinner, too.

^^^^This

If you can't live without the chips maybe have them every other day with a salad and maybe a boiled egg (or another source of protein) for lunch then have the sandwich the next day with a piece of fruit.

If it were me I`d get bored very quickly eating the same thing everyday.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't pay me to eat that every day! I'd never stick to it... I love eating, that's how I got here in the first place, always eating the same things would be horribly boring for me.

That and it's horribly lacking in protein and fruit/veggies.
  • gdurham2014
    gdurham2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that you kick start your metabolism with a good breakfast which includes lean protein.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that you kick start your metabolism with a good breakfast which includes lean protein.

No
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Besides what everyone else has already said, you are packing 2/3 of your calories into one noon meal and 1/3 into an (unappetizing - to me anyway) evening meal.

No one is saying you need to give up PBJ, but 4 tablespoons of peanut butter sounds like an awful lot to bite into ... think about ways to spread out your calorie count into 3 reasonable size meals and 2 snacks. If 1200 is your magic number, shoot for:

300 cal breakfast
    100 cal snack
    300 cal lunch
    100 cal snack
    400 cal dinner

Shift around your calories as needed, but that gives you an idea. Make sure you are getting lean, quality protein in each meal and lots of fruits and veggies throughout the day. If you don't snack, just add those calories to your main meals. This way you can switch up your menu as needed and not get bored ... unless that was the point.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure that if I tried to live on this, I'd last about a day and a half before I'd get hungry enough to kill someone and eat them. I honestly couldn't survive on that volume of food.

I love PB&Js too, but they're really high in calories for the amount of food you get to eat. I like making mine open-face to save the calories in the other piece of bread, and use those calories for an apple, carrots, string cheese, whatever. Jelly is all sugar and really has no nutritional value at all, so I love using sliced fresh strawberries instead of jelly when they're available. Mashed raspberries are really good too. I also substitute pickle spears for chips pretty often, since I really just want the salt and the crunch.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Won't this menu bore you to tears? I hate to say it, and don't want to discourage you from losing weight, but dang, girl! I would be very surprised if you stick with this past Day 2.

How about NOT putting rules on yourself? Each day, eat what you want, and stay within your calorie goals.

And here comes the mother in me: EAT MORE PRODUCE!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    PB&J is more of a treat to me, but if you have to have it... try a different bread to reduce some of those calories. I like the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, so the bread is only 90calories of your sandwich.
    And as others have said, not quite so much of the peanut butter. It will use up your whole allowance of fats in one sitting, not to mention the calories. I was once a vegetarian that thought i could survive on the protein of peanut butter, it wasn't good.
    A plan is great, but it's possible to burn out on a favorite food too. I'd have to switch it up a bit more than that myself. We are talking a lifestyle change right?
    To each their own though.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I don't know what it is, I just crave peanut butter all the time, and I always have. It's my favorite food. The funny thing is, when I was pregnant with my second child, I absolutely hated it. The thought of it would make me throw up. Anyways, thanks guys for all the advice. Have a good night.
  • Fit_little_vegan
    Options
    If your seriously going to eat THAT much peanut butter you should atleast get the kind with 1 ingrediant peanuts! Not that brand with 1026292827292 ingrediants :/

Lol that is my input and that mfp doesn't calculate calories right so go online to find your right amount.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    More fruit and veggies....and more variety!
  • dgarzoli
    dgarzoli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out this study from Israel. http://www.aftau.org/site/News2?id=18956

50% of your daily calories at breakfast
    34% at lunch
    15% at dinner