Ground turkey and Salsa.... what to do???

Options
So I have ground turkey and salsa and refried beans. Does anyone have any good recipes with these ingredients and one that is also man-friendly :) ?

Thank you!!

Replies

• kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the refried beans but I tend to use ground turkey, salsa, and egg white for breakfast burritos...good luck! :o)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Wraps. Spread the wrap with refried beans, season the ground turkey with taco seasoning or what ever your choice may be and add to the wrap with some lettuce, salsa and maybe even a touch of light sour cream OR you could for go the tortilla wrap all together and just pile everything up in a nice big bowl and have a taco salad................Mmmmmm PS - I grill my wraps after I make them - makes the outside real crunchy.
  • ZiaLater
    Options
    you've got the basic ingredients for a super fantastic taco salad!! Here is what I do:

- 1/2 head lettuce or 1/4 (depends on how hungry I am)
    - 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
    - cilantro (a couple stems, pick off the leaves and toss 'em in)
    - 1/2 or 1/4 of a green pepper (depends on lettuce amount)
    - 1 radish
    - 1/4 cup of grated old cheddar cheese
    - 1/4lb of ground turkey cooked and seasoned with chilli powder
    - 1/4 cup of salsa
    - real corn tortilla chips all crumbled up if you have them, totally optional
    and since you have refried beans, I'd throw in a half a can of that
    mix it all up well and munch!!!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The wrap (low carb type) would be YUMMY. You could even add some reduced fat cheese! You could also just saute it all up and add over brown rice.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Last night we made this! We did tortilla for him, not for me (low on calories left), and sauteed green bell pepper, poblano pepper (de-seed if you don't like the heat), onions, mushrooms together, brown the turkey burger, serve together with low fat sour cream and low fat cheese - SO good. And I think I was at about 300 calories (can't remember). And since you have salsa, just add it to the top!

And add cilantro if you have it - we didn't, but it was still magnificent :smile:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    sounds like taco night at your house! just make the turkey into taco meat and there you go. (its even actually traditional in some parts of mexico to use turkey and not beef, so there you go! :D)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I also made meatball subs the other night with ground chicken (same difference). I used garlic, onion and soul seasoning in the meatballs and steamed them in my fry pan. I put it on natures own 35 calorie honey wheat bread with marinara and sargento lowfat provolone cheese....................mmmmmm!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I make salsa turkey burgers!

take your ground turkey, add 2 egg whites and 1/2-3/4 cup of oatmeal.
    mix together with onions, form into patties and grill.

I top mine with fat free cheese and pour on the salsa. It is soooo delicious. my husband loves it too!!! For added protien and to fill my stomach i mix in black beans with my salsa. My kids love them too. The salsa adds some flavor to the turkey without a lot of calories!

I hope you enjoy it too!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    tostadas
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Burrito Skillet...search for it on Kraftfoods.com SOOOO man friendly and so good. I just sub ground turkey.